Hats off to Hackett. | Syracusefan.com

Hats off to Hackett.

Jake

Mod
I thought he called a nearly perfect game. Only quibble was the inside run on third and long on wvu's side of gone field.

His use of screens and inside runs was great.

Thought his best play call of have might was the Loeb screen play. It would have been so easy to call a run. Credit to the handsome one for a perfect throw too.

Just a beautiful game to watch. Shaffer was great too.

Geno smith is our bitch.

Yea, someone should ask about that mysterious run on 3rd and long.
I agree about the Loeb throw. You had to figure the Neers would be looking run all the way. Credit to Loeb for coming the the game cold at a moment's notice and executing the play perfectly. I think the call says a lot about Hackett's confidence in him.

I thought Shaffer's blitz call that led to the first safety was a game-changer. They had just stonewalled us at the goal line, and the safety lead to a 9 point swing (Gulley scored on our subsequent possession) and completely changed the momentum.

Yea, someone should ask about that mysterious run on 3rd and long.

my thought was they figured to get 4-5 on that run since wvu was playing for the pass...and that would have set up a very manageable 4th and 2-3 from inside their territory. When they blew up the run, it wasn't manageable anymore.

I thought he called a nearly perfect game. Only quibble was the inside run on third and long on wvu's side of gone field.

Thought his best play call of have might was the Loeb screen play. It would have been so easy to call a run. Credit to the handsome one for a perfect throw too.

Geno smith is our bitch.

He was awesome today... but the Loeb play was 3rd and 9. The screen pass wasn't exactly going balls to the wall with him.

And i had an issue with the 4th and goal out of the shotgun - but it worked out for us :).

Speaking of that, a lot of stuff worked out with us. LIke the WVU 4th and 1 from about midfield. They got the 1st, but was flagged (i think for illegal motion) but douggie called a TO. So WVU was going to have to punt and we would have prob gotten ball deep inside our own territory - but the TO gave them a 2nd chance. Doug gave a sarcastic smile knowing it cost them... until the re-try why davis stuffed the run attempt and we get the ball at midfield.

just 1 of those days for us (about damn time the ball bounces our way)

He was awesome today... but the Loeb play was 3rd and 9. The screen pass wasn't exactly going balls to the wall with him.

And i had an issue with the 4th and goal out of the shotgun - but it worked out for us :).

Speaking of that, a lot of stuff worked out with us. LIke the WVU 4th and 1 from about midfield. They got the 1st, but was flagged (i think for illegal motion) but douggie called a TO. So WVU was going to have to punt and we would have prob gotten ball deep inside our own territory - but the TO gave them a 2nd chance. Doug gave a sarcastic smile knowing it cost them... until the re-try why davis stuffed the run attempt and we get the ball at midfield.

just 1 of those days for us (about damn time the ball bounces our way)

It was actually going to be 12 men on the field on SU. So yes it was a good Timeout

It was actually going to be 12 men on the field on SU. So yes it was a good Timeout

Oh really? interesting. Had no idea. I think everyone, including the announcers thought it was going to be on WVU.

Oh really? interesting. Had no idea. I think everyone, including the announcers thought it was going to be on WVU.

Yeah, I was looking through tweets after the game and multiple journalist tweeted it was for 12 men on Syracuse. I think it had something to do with Reddish if I'm not mistaken

Hackett started as a Buddy but ended as a Rudy.

Seriously I feel like a broken record but Doug really is damn good at not only evaluating players but coaches as well.

Yeah, I was looking through tweets after the game and multiple journalist tweeted it was for 12 men on Syracuse. I think it had something to do with Reddish if I'm not mistaken

Yep ... 12 men on the field ... unfortunately the broadcast tandem we had wasn't exactly paying full attention ... Palmer was too worried about eating in NYC ... you can tell by the way he analyzed the game and the future for both programs that he really didn't do his homework.

Geno smith is our bitch.
I was hoping for a play action deep ball from Loeb. Defense never would have expected it. Worked out great.

The best was Pugh literally saying ... "Its great when the defense knows what play you are calling and you can still go out and execute ... " Hackett knew we would abuse them upfront and called the game knowing we could do whatever we wanted at the line of scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom