Have defended JB for decades... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Have defended JB for decades...

I look at our roster and can’t find any reason why we’d be a good pressing team though. We don’t have those Pitbull type guards who are athletic and relentless. We don’t have a mobile center in the back of it(unless we played Edwards). And Marek would be a lock to pick up two fouls a game trying to trap near halfcourt.
You don’t need pit bulls for a 2-2-1. I often suspect he doesn’t do it because then he’d be copying his old friend pitino and admitting he doesn’t know everything.

2013 was not improbable. That was a good team. Stop lumping then into the trash. They were a 4 seed and top ten in the country most of the year.
And in 2013-14, we were a top 3 team for most of the season and were definitely one of the 10-15 best teams in the country.

The defense was elite and carried that team. The offense is what did them in. When they couldn't turn teams over they struggled in the halfcourt. And only 1 reliable outside shooter in dirty.
We were good enough on offense to beat the overall #1 seed Indiana, a talented and athletic Marquette team, and nearly topple Michigan in the FF, beat #1 Louisville on their home floor, not to mention Pitt and Gtown in the Big East tourney.

Yeah, I don’t watch nearly as much college hoops as I used so I could be off but other than Shaka Smart at VCU 5 years ago, I don’t feel like the press has been that big of a deal in college hoops in awhile. Seems it’s heyday was the early-mid 90s with Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgetown, etc.
Huggins had been relying on a full court press at West Virginia for several years now. It was a good strategy. They didn’t have the horses to run it successfully last season with lots of key departures. Not sure if he’s running it this year.

The real decline began in the 2014-15 season. 2012-13 edition was a strong team, as was the 2013-14 edition, despite the swoon at the end of the year. Rak Christmas carried the '14-15 team, and it's been downhill since then.
All true. Needed some help recalling that and yes, the 14-15 resurgent year of a Christmas was great. That was the last time we had a reliable dump-down center. Prior to that was Onuaku and Jackson. Seems like light years ago. Tough times right now.

So I'm late to the board today, and was at an event last night, but how are there no threads here about Boeheim saying the fan support was 'sickening' last night?

When I saw the article this morning, I figured this place would have blown up about it.

So I'm late to the board today, and was at an event last night, but how are there no threads here about Boeheim saying the fan support was 'sickening' last night?

When I saw the article this morning, I figured this place would have blown up about it.
We’re dead inside.

I asked someone about that too. I figured there was 1 that got taken down, so I didn't start one. I'm sickened about him being sickened.

Ran into good friend who used play for GT.I will say his name for full disclosure. Sead Dizdarevic even he was surprised how bad our bigs look. When your sworn enemy feels sorry you…

I so fully expected to find a five-page thread, I even double-checked to make sure I wasn't ignoring anybody.

Apathy is strong, apparently.

My take:

Insane choice to say "sickening."

Totally right on the main point (the Dome was dead), but like his "cash-grab" comment after UVa, wrong place and wrong time. 7,000 people came out to watch your dreadful .500 team on a cold, snowy, windy weeknight for a late-ish tip the week before Christmas. And your athletic department couldn't even find you some high school cheerleaders or pep band to liven the place up. Direct your ire elsewhere.

Coincidentally, I attended an event that came with some nice floor seats near SU's bench last night and Boeheim was the highlight of the game for me. It was a lot of fun to watch him doing his uncharacteristically over the top cheerleader routine during the second half. He actually looked fitter than he's looked in a couple years and I loved the enthusiasm. Turned out it was kind of spiteful enthusiasm, apparently.

JB was just trying to raise awareness for his COACHES VS LETHARGY campaign.

Was the thread about this earlier this morning nuked? I can’t seem to find it

I know some are going to tell me shove it, but it is over due thast JB should move over and let someone else take over and save faith and keep the School in the upper echelon of College BB. I have been following for 40 years and finally at my wits end watching us lose top recruit after top recruit. This team is getting worse as the years go on. It needs new blood and a quick transfusion really soon. I really feel we missed out by not letting Mike Hopkins take over when it was planned. JB should know he has stayed longer than he should have. Sorry coach but time to move on

I know some are going to tell me shove it, but it is over due thast JB should move over and let someone else take over and save faith and keep the School in the upper echelon of College BB. I have been following for 40 years and finally at my wits end watching us lose top recruit after top recruit. This team is getting worse as the years go on. It needs new blood and a quick transfusion really soon. I really feel we missed out by not letting Mike Hopkins take over when it was planned. JB should know he has stayed longer than he should have. Sorry coach but time to move on

Can he finish the season out at least? Jeez