Have OL injuries preseason damaged teams potential? | Syracusefan.com

Have OL injuries preseason damaged teams potential?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
If I am remembering things right, Chibane and Hay were being pushed hard during practices until injuries derailed their competition. Those two (along with the loveable Macky) are serious flaws on the OL. The fact that HCDM can not put in someone else due to lack of depth because of injuries is really hampering things. I fully believe Chibane would be benched if coach thought he had a capable replacement.

I am pretty darned surprised that we have yet to see Big Lou, and I think losing Hickey hurt us badly.

I am pretty darned surprised that we have yet to see Big Lou, and I think losing Hickey hurt us badly.
Are Allport and Lepak out for the year? Lepak has a RS year left.

We need all the OL starters to make it all year. SU needs to get a RS year for all the true frosh back ups.

If I am remembering things right, Chibane and Hay were being pushed hard during practices until injuries derailed their competition. Those two (along with the loveable Macky) are serious flaws on the OL. The fact that HCDM can not put in someone else due to lack of depth because of injuries is really hampering things. I fully believe Chibane would be benched if coach thought he had a capable replacement.

I believe the answer is no. Marrone wasn't experimenting with the OL. True that some of the second team guys got injured (Hickey, Allport), but there was no indication of any true competition at C, left guard, or right tackle. Several posters thought there should be (at least at C), but Marrone put the line together in the Spring, kept it together for all the practice games, trying to build cohesion.
I suppose we can speculate what might have happened without injuries.