Have the coaches lost the team? | Syracusefan.com

Have the coaches lost the team?

yes... they just lost every casual fan there was. what a ing shame.

actually it was probably the best we ever have played at uconn. if nassib doesnt take 20 min to start throwing we win by 20..

The coaches lost this game. Played not to lose with this stupid special teams play and failure to play a run only team. I am disappointed in this staff today. Very bad loss to a bad team.

The coaches lost this game. Played not to lose with this stupid special teams play and failure to play a run only team. I am disappointed in this staff today. Very bad lose to a bad team.
Yes. First time I've started to wonder about Marrone.

Yes. The coaches have been on vacation the past two weeks. They are in complete denial over Nassib's subpar passing ability and have got to start looking for solutions.

Why we never went with an 8 man front against the wildcat is beyond me. Dan kept saying all game long that with SU only playing a 7 man front they had a one hat advantage. Really piss poor adjustment by Shafer easily his worst coaching performance of the year. Team looks horrible in all aspects. Time for doug to take a hard look in the mirror

Yes. First time I've started to wonder about Marrone.
Kind of reminds me of John Fox's tenure at Carolina Panthers..play it tight as hell hoping to squeak out a victory by a field goal as time expires every freaking game...just hard to watch, mind-numbing football.

4 receiver sets and did they do it? No. This UConn team can't stop the pass but no SU does nothing to take advantage of that. I like Marrone but this was and is on him.

I think we have coaches doubting themselves and their team, and their team knows this and it is showing. The coaches do not have faith in the players and the players do not have faith in the coaches

this season has been as hard as any that robinson coached- to watch such garbage week after week -

HEY IT IS HOOPS SEASON- since football is done why not

this season has been as hard as any that robinson coached- to watch such garbage week after week -

HEY IT IS HOOPS SEASON- since football is done why not

It's not as bad as watching GRob's teams... We have already won more games than GRob could dream of in a single year. Those were some poorly coached teams in the GRob years. We've had two bad losses this year to Rutgers & UConn that we should have some how found a way to win.

this is not near as bad as the g-rob teams. There was no hope during that time period. We still have hope as of now.

groober had notre lame-marrone had wv

only hope is recruiting-and what kind of kid wants to play this type of football- duke type kids thats who

Marrone won at wv and beat them twice and at usf and those things never happened during the dark robinson ages.

Yes. The coaches have been on vacation the past two weeks. They are in complete denial over Nassib's subpar passing ability and have got to start looking for solutions.

24/39 for 275 yards and you want to put this soley on the QB? He sucked early and threw some picks but dont do that. He got us the lead and put the team in a spot to win the game and they didn't. THEY lost.

RB 16 carries for only 50 yards and another fumble... defense forgot how to tackle in the 2nd half... if there was 1 solution that could fix all this I'd be all for hearing it.

24/39 for 275 yards and you want to put this soley on the QB? He sucked early and threw some picks but dont do that. He got us the lead and put the team in a spot to win the game and they didn't. THEY lost.

RB 16 carries for only 50 yards and another fumble... defense forgot how to tackle in the 2nd half... if there was 1 solution that could fix all this I'd be all for hearing it.

I never said the loss was only Nassib's fault. But clearly he can't throw downfield. How many of those 24 completions were in the air farther than 10 yards?

I never said the loss was only Nassib's fault. But clearly he can't throw downfield. How many of those 24 completions were in the air farther than 10 yards?

More than last week?

I think alot here have a false sense of how easy it is to throw down the feild because other teams make it look that way against us.

Bailey does not read holes well, he's an athlete playing rb. There were drops that hurt the flow of the offense but when you march down 10 yards at a time the chances for error increase unless you're really good.

I think alot here have a false sense of how easy it is to throw down the feild because other teams make it look that way against us.

Oh I don't think it's easy at all.

However, I do think it's something that a Syracuse quarterback should be able to do with success fairly regularly.

Bailey does not read holes well, he's an athlete playing rb. There were drops that hurt the flow of the offense but when you march down 10 yards at a time the chances for error increase unless you're really good.

Agreed -- I thought Bailey was flat-out terrible in this game. The times where there were holes, he read them poorly and couple that with the fumble and it certainly made it difficult to run the ball.

Oh I don't think it's easy at all.

However, I do think it's something that a Syracuse quarterback should be able to do with success fairly regularly.

No arguement there, he needs to do better.

The oline needs to block better.

RBs need to make good reads, and slip tackles and hold onto the ball.

WRs and TEs need to catch them when the passes are good and slip some tackles and make a play occasionally when they do.

This team is just a mess on offense. Might be the streakiest (if thats a word) team i've ever seen.

My biggest gripe is with the playcalling. Couple good run plays in a row? Lets pass now! 18 yard pass then 13 yard pass? Let's run now! They are either outsmarting themselves, or not smart enough.

Sorry if I misread your intial post and you weren't pinning it all on the QB.

When you are constantly depending on catches on 3rd and 6/5/4 and one drop, one sack, jump offsides, bad pass you fail to move the ball. This to me is why they are so inconsistent, they are not good enough to be able to get that 30 yard plus play nearly often enough or consistently make those 3rd down plays .

Agreed -- I thought Bailey was flat-out terrible in this game. The times where there were holes, he read them poorly and couple that with the fumble and it certainly made it difficult to run the ball.

He isn't a between the tackles RB. Horrible fit for our system. On top of that he seems slower and less shifty this year. I wonder if he put on weight to handle the load for this year? That being said we have absolutely nothing else at RB. Scary.

He isn't a between the tackles RB. Horrible fit for our system. On top of that he seems slower and less shifty this year. I wonder if he put on weight to handle the load for this year? That being said we have absolutely nothing else at RB. Scary.

Gulley. If he hadn't gotten hurt I think he wouldve taken over this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom