Have the coaches lost the team? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have the coaches lost the team?

Gully reads the holes better and I'd liked the 5' 11" 210lb Smith in the game.

Kind of reminds me of John Fox's tenure at Carolina Panthers..play it tight as hell hoping to squeak out a victory by a field goal as time expires every freaking game...just hard to watch, mind-numbing football.

Yeah, well try being a Browns fan :(

Gully reads the holes better and I'd liked the 5' 11" 210lb Smith in the game.

Gulley has much better vision AND is a burner. You need a big back to complement him, but we've got them.

1 thing that I think has gone unnoticed the last 2 games is that Bailey has been absolutely terrible blocking the blitzes. He has been blown up many many times the last 2 games and that is assuming he even picks up the blitzer.

I like that people who aren't in the locker room or at practice are trying to pass judgment on whether or not the coaches have "lost the team".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BK tell us your insights

I have no insights, but nothing I've seen or heard lends me to think that Marrone's lost the team. If there was one Facebook or Twitter flare up, maybe you could make that argument, but nothing like that has happened to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have coaches doubting themselves and their team, and their team knows this and it is showing. The coaches do not have faith in the players and the players do not have faith in the coaches

I think you are projecting your own dissatisfaction with the team's overall performance -- based on nothing.

I think you are projecting your own dissatisfaction with the team's overall performance -- based on nothing.
Agree, horrible thread.

1 thing that I think has gone unnoticed the last 2 games is that Bailey has been absolutely terrible blocking the blitzes. He has been blown up many many times the last 2 games and that is assuming he even picks up the blitzer.

You're kidding right? The RB isn't going to be able to take on a blocker for a long period of time, his goal is to stop the blitzer for a second and give Nassib a bit more time, and Antwon's been a fantastic protector for most of his career. I can't remember the last time i saw him seriously miss a pass protection he had.

No arguement there, he needs to do better.

My biggest gripe is with the playcalling. Couple good run plays in a row? Lets pass now! 18 yard pass then 13 yard pass? Let's run now! They are either outsmarting themselves, or not smart enough.

I really don't think anyone making these arguments is objectively watching the offense. We are not running the ball nearly as often as you think.

I asked have they lost the team?

We will find out friday

You're kidding right? The RB isn't going to be able to take on a blocker for a long period of time, his goal is to stop the blitzer for a second and give Nassib a bit more time, and Antwon's been a fantastic protector for most of his career. I can't remember the last time i saw him seriously miss a pass protection he had.

You didn't watch Saturday's game then? I'm not making the argument that he is terrible at it, but he missed everything on a blitz/sack Saturday. It may not have mattered anyway, since someone else (C or LG) only briefly slowed down their guy on one of them, but Bailey whiffed big time on his man, who got to Nassib first.

Not just saturday but in the UL game as well and I'm also not saying he is terrible b/c I like Bailey. The facts are the facts, re-watching both games he missed (or got there very late) or was just plain run over quite a few times and usually resulting in a big play for the defense. That's just the facts - you can't really dispute that if you replay the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom