Have we as fans lost perspective? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have we as fans lost perspective?

'Bees, so where do you stand? what do you need to see and what is your timeline? not trying to put you in a box so you can speak generally - just curious what your expectations are from here.

I expect to not lose every game to our peers in talent. If you are asking should we get rid of Marrone...NO. Doesn't mean everything is great but I give him 5 years without a doubt. We are better than we were when he got here. But I don't like some of the regression I see. I think the fans that say he needs to go are nuts but I also think the fans that say after every loss that it is talent, are nuts. Sometimes it is talent (see USC), other times it is not (see UConn, rutgers and LVille).

Both Rutgers and UConn were winnable games. We had Rutgers on the ropes until the Bailey fumble; or if we had the guts to be aggressive on 4th and a foot in the first OT. We gave up tons of yards on kick coverage against UConn -- otherwise it was a pretty even game. UConn couldn't pass to save its life, but they could run block and had the two best runners on the field. They made the key plays in Q4 and SU didn't.
Looks to me that we have closed any talent gap with those teams. We are still soft in the OL, undersized/inexperienced at LB, and not where we need to be at CB. Disappointed to take those losses no matter what.

Coleman and Harrison have not done as well as our top 3 receivers and not even close to Lemon. It's all great to have talent or potential but then if you don't use it what good is it? We have the better RB too. So we have the better QB, RB and OL and WR with the exception of Sanu and all of a sudden they have more talent than we do? They grabbed 3 top 100 RB's. So what? Where are they? Maybe the stars were all wrong. Sorry, I know we are all on the same side but when we lose to a rutgers, Lville, or UConn, it is not because of our lack of talent. And the word I have used is comparable so doing a roster by roster breakdown is useless.

Coleman and Harrison haven't had a chance to do anything because the QB can't get them the ball ... make no mistake when you watch them play they get open and if they ever had the chance to catch the ball they are extremely dangerous. Big problem is the QB as I agree is not as good as Nassib and the OL is awful. As for us having a better RB ... well you think Bailey is the answer but I disagree ... the guy goes down in arm tackles more times than I can count. So feel free to disagree ... I just get tired of hearing the we don't recruit well enough crap ... based on your definition bees we should only lose 2 games this year ... one of which (WVU) we won ... are you saying we should be 10-2 or 11-1?

Coleman and Harrison haven't had a chance to do anything because the QB can't get them the ball ... make no mistake when you watch them play they get open and if they ever had the chance to catch the ball they are extremely dangerous. Big problem is the QB as I agree is not as good as Nassib and the OL is awful. As for us having a better RB ... well you think Bailey is the answer but I disagree ... the guy goes down in arm tackles more times than I can count. So feel free to disagree ... I just get tired of hearing the we don't recruit well enough crap ... based on your definition bees we should only lose 2 games this year ... one of which (WVU) we won ... are you saying we should be 10-2 or 11-1?

So you're happy with recruiting? How are you not concerned with the way we play against borderline bad teams in RU, Uconn, Tulane etc..? Fact is we are seeing some regressions.

Go ask the rutgers fans (before yesterday at least) and all they complain about is the number of passes Harrison and the others drop.

Going to a bit extreme are you? Where did I say we would be 10-2 or 11-1? I said we are comparable in talent to rutgers and lville and have more than UCon. I also then said we should not be losing them all. There is nothing that says we should win them all either. BTW, we also have less talent than Pitt and Cincy. USF is close. So I don't know why you are trying to read my mind and coming to a conclusion of 11-1.

I expect to not lose every game to our peers in talent. If you are asking should we get rid of Marrone...NO. Doesn't mean everything is great but I give him 5 years without a doubt. We are better than we were when he got here. But I don't like some of the regression I see. I think the fans that say he needs to go are nuts but I also think the fans that say after every loss that it is talent, are nuts. Sometimes it is talent (see USC), other times it is not (see UConn, rutgers and LVille).

thats a fair response. I tend to agree with the miami and louisville school of thought (dont waste time. if you have a hint that it isnt working, move on).

Kingotto, re: your warts anology, the problem is our wart is our HC.

So you're happy with recruiting? How are you not concerned with the way we play against borderline bad teams in RU, Uconn, Tulane etc..? Fact is we are seeing some regressions.

Never said I was happy with recruiting my point was this board is a gigantic contradiction ... we hear all about how bad recruiting is but then we recruit as well if not better than a majority of our conference ... which is it?

Go ask the rutgers fans (before yesterday at least) and all they complain about is the number of passes Harrison and the others drop.

Going to a bit extreme are you? Where did I say we would be 10-2 or 11-1? I said we are comparable in talent to rutgers and lville and have more than UCon. I also then said we should not be losing them all. There is nothing that says we should win them all either. BTW, we also have less talent than Pitt and Cincy. USF is close. So I don't know why you are trying to read my mind and coming to a conclusion of 11-1.

You know I truly expect more from you bees ... ask a Rutgirls fan seriously? West had a drop and Graham has dropsies himself and we complain about that ... quite frankly I did overstate ... so I will revisit my estimate ... 9-3 or 10-2 ... I think we have more talent than USF ... so really 3 teams ... USC, Pitt, WVU with Cincy being a relative wash, without Collaros you saw how effectively we handled them last year. Do I think we beat Cincy no ... I do think we beat USF but again my point was people are screaming bloody murder over this season and when you read my original post the take away was there is some incremental progress ... it might not always translate the way we want it to ... once these last two classes start seeing more field time I think we will feel better about the program ... I think you would agree with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom