Have we heard from RutgersAl yet? | Syracusefan.com

Have we heard from RutgersAl yet?

Townie72

All American
This could be the Master of Spin's greatest opportunity.

I'm waiting impatiently for how he is going to take this latest setback and weave it into the case for an inevitable National Championship.

Now there are some amateurs on the RU and UConn forums trying to somehow make this into good news, including one guy on the RU board that now sees an SEC invitation for RU an an inevitability.

While a bunch of them insist that the Big East losing ND as no big deal.

None of these posters gets close to Al in terms of imagination and audacity.

Reading all of this puts me in mind of the classic Monty Python skit about the Black Knight. ("Black" not "Scarlet")

I feel bad for Al. Is he delusional and off the charts? Mostly. But he's a fan who blindly loves his team.

As we are a cynical bunch en masse, I think it woul d be refreshing to have an Al around here. Maybe we license Cali and igor's proses in a trade offer to acquire a rebranded CuseAl?

Al is a great fan and a great guy. Over the top on the internet? Sure.

Rutgirls will end up in a BCS conference regardless of how many times people here say they will drop football, play in the MAC, etc. Which conference, who knows. ACC, B12, B10? When it happens though, it'll basically be because they were one of the last kids picked in gym class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Al is a great fan and a great guy. Over the top on the internet? Sure.

Rutgirls will end up in a BCS conference regardless of how many times people here say they will drop football, play in the MAC, etc. Which conference, who knows. ACC, B12, B10? When it happens though, it'll basically be because they were one of the last kids picked in gym class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
The thing is though they need to survive until they get that offer. If it's in the next 2-3 years that is fine, but their new prez has stated he wants to reduce the 18 mil the school subsidizes every year for their athletic programs. The longer it goes the worse they will get on the field. The worse they get on the field the less attractive they are to all the conferences (I know I know NY market etc but being horrible won't help their cause). The worse they get on the field the less revenue they will draw in, which will cause the $$ subsidy to spike. The larger subsidy will increase the calls to deemphasize football.

I have no idea what will happen, but I do think there is a chance, maybe 25%, that Rutgers and Uconn do not exist as D-1 programs in 10 years.

I have no idea what will happen, but I do think there is a chance, maybe 25%, that Rutgers and Uconn do not exist as D-1 programs in 10 years.

I think there is a chance that 25% of the current D1 teams will not be playing the sport at college football's highest level of competition in 10 -20 years.

I feel bad for Al. Is he delusional and off the charts? Mostly. But he's a fan who blindly loves his team.

As we are a cynical bunch en masse, I think it woul d be refreshing to have an Al around here. Maybe we license Cali and igor's proses in a trade offer to acquire a rebranded CuseAl?

I just posted a thread over on their r!vals board asking a price quote if we were to buy Al from them... let's see what they say.

we have bizarro Al: Igor

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I just posted a thread over on their r!vals board asking a price quote if we were to buy Al from them... let's see what they say.

Well a few responses... some wanted a straight trade... Al for our ACC slot...

Others suggested a lease with option to buy...

Got 7 responses before admin deleted the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom