Having Fun With The Sagarin | Syracusefan.com

Having Fun With The Sagarin

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
SU is ranked 66 in the Sagarin ratings

Here's how fellow Big East, future Big East, teams who have been mentioned as possible new Big East, our future ACC brothers and future & past opponents rank.

If there is a stat boy on the board please point out the errors in this post, I always make a goof or two or three.

All Those Ahead Of SU

9 V Tech
13 USF
16 G Tech
17 TCU
21 Clemson
22 So Cal
28 WVU
37 FSU
44 Houston
45 Miami
47 Cincy
48 Rutgers
51 Pitt
56 UConn
59 Maryland
63 Wake Forest
65 Central Florida

Here are those rated behind SU

69 Louisville
73 Virginia
74 NC State
78 Toledo
94 BC
97 Duke
139 Tulane
163 Rhode Island
168 Memphis

Those being considered for the Big East

40 Navy
58 Air Force
80 East Carolina

Interesting note, North Carolina Central is rated 240 out of 246, nice job Shady way to find one of the lowest rated opponents in all of college football. You the man!!!

The Sagarin Ratings

The Big East, overall, has held its own since 2004 in on-the-field performance comparisons with the ACC. The advantages that the ACC has are much lower downside (they don't have years like last year for the Big East) and they have way more name recognition. The casual fan is more likely to tune in to watch Virginia and North Carolina than they are to watch South Florida and UConn. Since its the casual fan ESPN needs to attract, that's a huge difference.

I think it also shows that people expecting us to join the ACC and be the 11th best team don't read Sagarin and are going off their general impressions of the programs...and will be as shocked at Syracuse's strong performance out of the gate as they were by VT and BC.

Sagarin needs data inputs to be a useful tool, and it's too early to have enough data to make his ratings meaningful.

One thing to note about Sagarin right now, it still includes his original ranking to some extent. I think after this week he removes anything related to opinion.

Interesting note, North Carolina Central is rated 240 out of 246, nice job Shady way to find one of the lowest rated opponents in all of college football. You the man!!!

Next season, Buttgers will be scheduling ***UNRATED***.