Having Nassib locked in as the starter... | Syracusefan.com

Having Nassib locked in as the starter...

MikeSU02

Living Legend
After watching the ND game and seeing that Crist is already getting benched, I think I take for granted that Nassib is locked in as our starter.

I know that people have differing opinions on his abilities and ceiling, but not wondering who the starter will be until right before the first game is great.

Not to re-hash any previous disagreements, but not wondering about Madei v. Nunes/Nunes v. RJ/Fields v. PP, etc, gives this team a lot of stability that is needed.

This team (and city) has been starving for a highly competant, if not great, quarterback, for over a decade now. I think Nassib fits that role talent wise and will benefit trenendously from a stable environment around him as well. The kid is proving he has what it takes to win games and luckily missed most of the losing culture around here. Well, maybe not all of it, but I know I feel much better about our chances game to game with him under center. I haven't felt that way in quite some time.

After seeing some of his throws in the 4th quarter, I have no doubt he is the best QB we've had in a long time.

After watching the ND game and seeing that Crist is already getting benched, I think I take for granted that Nassib is locked in as our starter.

I know that people have differing opinions on his abilities and ceiling, but not wondering who the starter will be until right before the first game is great.

Not to re-hash any previous disagreements, but not wondering about Madei v. Nunes/Nunes v. RJ/Fields v. PP, etc, gives this team a lot of stability that is needed.
I cannot for the life of me comprehend what Kelly is or was thinking with Crist. Saturday was a good example of the current flaw at ND. They absolutely dominated USF from a yardage perspective really on both sides of the ball. ND had the better players, the better plan, but it was all for naught because they have 8 penalties, half a dozen drops, a missed fg, and more turnovers than you should have. Got a bunch of talent that is playing timid, so afraid to make mistakes and incur the Wrath that they play too tight and up even worse. I mean of all the guys, why was Riddick even in the game?

Ryan's less than 15 games into his tenure as the starting quarterback for the Orange with 25 games eligibility wise (bowl games incl.) remaining, considering his poise after facing the early adversity against Wake, I'm extremely optimistic about his ceiling. Kid can make a ton of throws, has the ability to move well and by all accounts is very intelligent. IMO, we haven't had a quarterback of this caliber in over a decade. I'd say since McNabb but the past 8-9 years have me putting Troy Nunes in a higher light. Sheesh.

You'd think with the expectations that Kelly has that he wouldn't want to let the pressure on him trickle down onto his players. Teach them what you want them to do, and let them do it. That Lee kid may not be bad, but the INT's and incomplete passes he threw were just terrible. It was an odd game, and I feel Crist should have been given the benefit of the doubt. Instead of the simple controversy of losing to USF in your opener, now you have the rest of the team doubting the coach after their clear leader through preseason was benched after one so-so game. Does he just want to instill expectations and hold them to a higher standard? Or does he want to just rule with an iron fist (as AZOrange pointed to) and put fear into these kids? Is he just trying to teach accountability to the team through example? Because if that is the case, kick #3 to the curb.

Ryan's less than 15 games into his tenure as the starting quarterback for the Orange with 25 games eligibility wise (bowl games incl.) remaining, considering his poise after facing the early adversity against Wake, I'm extremely optimistic about his ceiling. Kid can make a ton of throws, has the ability to move well and by all accounts is very intelligent. IMO, we haven't had a quarterback of this caliber in over a decade. I'd say since McNabb but the past 8-9 years have me putting Troy Nunes in a higher light. Sheesh.
If Troy had only tried to do what Troy could do, he would have been fine. Instead, he tried to do what Donovan could do, and it killed him. He would have been very successful in this offense. IMO he does not have the arm that Nassib has. He could have been Brees lite.

Nassib has been playing well especially now that we have some receivers with speed and skills. Van Chew has great hands and is catching everything that is in his vicinity.