Having to log on every time | Syracusefan.com

Having to log on every time

SUFaninNJ

Living Legend
All of a sudden I have to enter my email and password every single time I log in. I used to be able to just get on and it remembered my info. Not anymore. I don’t believe that there have been any changes on my end. Any suggestions? It’s kind of a PITA.

1. Are you checking the box 'Stay logged in' when you log in?
  2. Are you clearing your cache (including cookies) when you close your browser? That will log you out.
Since this does not appear to be an issue we have heard about, I am thinking this may be something on your end.

1. Are you checking the box 'Stay logged in' when you log in?
  2. Are you clearing your cache (including cookies) when you close your browser? That will log you out.
Since this does not appear to be an issue we have heard about, I am thinking this may be something on your end.
Always checking the box and I haven’t cleared the cache.

Just a thought - have you tried two step verification? I find it a pain, but it may reset your problem.

Also - this was an issue a while ago, and the problem was the user using an old bookmark. Try deleting your bookmark, then using this:

Syracusefan.com

Just a thought - have you tried two step verification? I find it a pain, but it may reset your problem.

Also - this was an issue a while ago, and the problem was the user using an old bookmark. Try deleting your bookmark, then using this:

Syracusefan.com

What is two step verification? I deleted the bookmark from my phone and using the one you suggested but it didn't help.

What is two step verification? I deleted the bookmark from my phone and using the one you suggested but it didn't help.
If you go to the top right of the page and hover over your handle SUFaninNJ next to Inbox and Alerts, you should get a drop-down with many different options (Personal Details, Signature, etc.). Two-step verification is one of those options. Then you'll have an option of receiving an email with a verification code.

I’ve started to need to log on every time with my IPad even though I checked stay logged on. It just happened again when I left the lacrosse forum to check the weather in another window. When I came back a minute later I was logged out. I’m using Safari. Help!

I’ve started to need to log on every time with my IPad even though I checked stay logged on. It just happened again when I left the lacrosse forum to check the weather in another window. When I came back a minute later I was logged out. I’m using Safari. Help!
Are you clearing your cookies when you close Safari? If not, I got nothing. :(

I hadn’t closed Safari, just went to a different open window. The other times I hadn’t cleared cookies when I closed the iPad.

I had the issue and finally gave up. I’ve resigned myself to having to log in every time I’m on the site on my iPhone.

As long as I don't Clear History and Website Data, I remain logged in, even if I close Safari.
upload_2018-3-11_11-2-6.gif

For what it's worth, whatever settings they implemented at work that kept logging me out were apparently only for IE. If I use Chrome, I stay logged in. Must be auto-deleting cookies or something. All the settings seem the same, though. Oh well - good luck figuring it out. It's been a pain for me.

when you get a chance, go to forums.mchugo.net. If your login doesn't work, please click the forgot password link and reset your password. The user database transfered, but I think the passwords may need to be reset.

That board is the xenforo complete rewrite. I'm curious if you'll have the same problem with the new script.

Mchugo.net Forums

Sorry. It just wasn't working, so I deleted the user database and plan to try again when I know what I'm doing. May take a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom