HC?? | Syracusefan.com

HC??

SUfanNC

All Conference
How much does everyone think it would take to get a Diaco type? It doesn't have to be him but a hot hire.

I'm not sure SU pays that kind of cash for a new coach.

I'm not sure SU pays that kind of cash for a new coach.
IF they can't pay $2 mill for a football coach then seriously, this program isn't a serious one!

IF they can't pay $2 mill for a football coach then seriously, this program isn't a serious one!

I agree but it seems as though they look for a diamond in the rough instead of one slightly polished

Who said we wont pay $2m? Where do some of you get your info?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Who said we wont pay $2m? Where do some of you get your info?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Is there a coach that we have paid 2 million for?

Honestly, not sure that is a relevant question. Just because we haven't in the past doesn't mean we won't this time around.

Honestly, not sure that is a relevant question. Just because we haven't in the past doesn't mean we won't this time around.

I guess time will tell but they paid Marrone 1.1 right?

I guess time will tell but they paid Marrone 1.1 right?

It's been written on here by quite a few people who would know that that is incorrect. Closer to 2 mil than 1.1. Maybe he didn't a huge paycheck when he first got here, nor should he have but it sounds like SU may have stepped on his newest contract.

It's been written on here by quite a few people who would know that that is incorrect. Closer to 2 mil than 1.1. Maybe he didn't a huge paycheck when he first got here, nor should he have but it sounds like SU may have stepped on his newest contract.

I guess I missed it. I just don't see SU paying for a coach that may be a hot item or known reputation. It seems as though they would like to find a coach not at a premium.

I guess I missed it. I just don't see SU paying for a coach that may be a hot item or known reputation. It seems as though they would like to find a coach not at a premium.

I'm worried about that too. But I think Bees said that Marrone was going to be getting 1.6m, he could correct me if I'm wrong and then hinted that SU might be willing to pay more. I guess we'll know soon enough the answer to that though.

Marrone was making 1.3 and the bump he got wasn't at 2.

They don't have to be stupid and over pay. There is a wide solution set in the pay range for a staff as a whole, let's let it work out instead of passing judgment up front.

Marrone was making 1.3 and the bump he got wasn't at 2.

They don't have to be stupid and over pay. There is a wide solution set in the pay range for a staff as a whole, let's let it work out instead of passing judgment up front.

I'm all for seeing what happens and wont judge until it plays out. I don't think we have to pay 2 mil for someone that is up and coming but I don't want see a good coach out of the running because he is in the 2 to 2.2 range

If CU and yeah I'm talking Colorado can pay a coach 2 mil anyone can. Yes I realize they are a state school, that said, if you think these boards have meltdowns over paying coaches, if you saw CU's boards you'd get some perspective. They have been notorious for not paying coaches or supporting their sports programs. Embree made 700k when he was let go. They finally realized they had to pay to play after moving then losing in the pac12, and they did and that's still the low end.

According to the USA Today database Marrone was just under 1.3 (Coach P was at 1.6, btw). 2m would make a coach one of the lowest paid HCs in the ACC.

Nope. But that's not what I said. We offered Holtz just about $2m so we were willing 4 years ago. Marrone would have been brought up from $1.3M to near $2M. Point is, you can't just make a blanket statement that we wouldn't.

Nope. But that's not what I said. We offered Holtz just about $2m so we were willing 4 years ago. Marrone would have been brought up from $1.3M to near $2M. Point is, you can't just make a blanket statement that we wouldn't.

Actually my statement was " I'm not sure we would pay that kind of cash for a new coach". I never said SU wouldn't pay that. I don't see than paying for a well known coach but rather finding one they can pay at a lower salary grade because he isn't as well know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom