HCDB's passionate speech. NSFW, but sweet! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HCDB's passionate speech. NSFW, but sweet!

i love that he blew off the reporters (politely)at the end of his presser---for the stupid questions re the old regime and captain bs. i like his maturity and i am in charge persona. nice speech. i would be pissed though if it were me. this is between the coaches and the team. i am just big on privacy, and what is said at home stays at home.

person-has-jumped-brick-wall-8669581.jpg

That is correct. Not sure about defense.
I would think it would be more traditional subbing patterns against conventional speed offenses. But when we do happen to play against a fast offense or are on defense during a 2 minute drill, I would think we'll be more prepared than most.

My daughters both graduated from a small Christian hs in Colorado. One class had 37. Both the girls and boys bball teams made states beating schools that were 5 times larger. Both teams basically played full court press the entire game. They each played between 8-10 a game and by the fourth quarter ran better athletic teams into exhaustion and won games that if they had played a traditional style would have lost to.

Dinos O is as much about wearing the opponent out from a stamina stand point than specific plays. Because he deploys speed as his weapon once the opponent is tired they become vulnerable.
The reactionary take what is given sandlot style of O is perfect as it takes advantage of that fatigue and strikes against the weak link. That is why you will see a well coached Dino team often run the same play or minimally strike against the same area multiple plays in a row.

Back to our hs bball team. Opponents averaged over 2× turnovers against us and shot much lower field and free throw percentages because of fatigue.

If like Baylor over time you combine this advantage with equal or superior talent you start to destroy teams. In our case it should help to close the talent gap this year and going forward provide us with a significant advantage against equally talented teams and the ability to hang with those that have better talent.
Number one is conditioning.

My daughters both graduated from a small Christian hs in Colorado. One class had 37. Both the girls and boys bball teams made states beating schools that were 5 times larger. Both teams basically played full court press the entire game. They each played between 8-10 a game and by the fourth quarter ran better athletic teams into exhaustion and won games that if they had played a traditional style would have lost to.

Dinos O is as much about wearing the opponent out from a stamina stand point than specific plays. Because he deploys speed as his weapon once the opponent is tired they become vulnerable.
The reactionary take what is given sandlot style of O is perfect as it takes advantage of that fatigue and strikes against the weak link. That is why you will see a well coached Dino team often run the same play or minimally strike against the same area multiple plays in a row.

Back to our hs bball team. Opponents averaged over 2× turnovers against us and shot much lower field and free throw percentages because of fatigue.

If like Baylor over time you combine this advantage with equal or superior talent you start to destroy teams. In our case it should help to close the talent gap this year and going forward provide us with a significant advantage against equally talented teams and the ability to hang with those that have better talent.
Number one is conditioning.
And to add to this, the practical nature of HCDB's philosophy is coming more into focus. One may not have the better talent, but one can always be in better shape.
This allows us to close the gap faster than if we simply tried to "out-recruit" programs, something which is not a strong suit being in upstate NY.
We are on the verge, IMO, of a successful new era simply because we've found the right combination of coach, philosophy, proximity, and facilities.
This is an epic moment in SU football history.

Last edited: