He Should Coach As Long As He Wants | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

He Should Coach As Long As He Wants

TV money is 80% Football 20% everything else.
A chity Bowl game gets double the ratings UNC-Duke basketball games get.

JB should be gone after next year. Enough is enough. Our program is in a crossroads right. JB's program is in the middle of NCAA sanctions.

The program will survive change.

TV money is 80% Football 20% everything else.
A chity Bowl game gets double the ratings UNC-Duke basketball games get.

JB should be gone after next year. Enough is enough. Our program is in a crossroads right. JB's program is in the middle of NCAA sanctions.

The program will survive change.

I would like to see JB get us through the sanctions before he steps aside, personally.

I'm glad your still working and enjoying life. I also love my job although I'm only 37 so retirement is a ways off. One difference I did want to point out which is a substantial one is that you own your business and that is great but Jim Boeheim did build the program and I love him but he doesn't own it or the university. If you worked for someone else and were approaching 70 and your eyes were going and your memory were going you are costing other people. It's a different situation.

Nope!

Jim Boeheim's eyes are all of our eyes and his memory is all of our memories.

He stays until he says, I go!

If the university attempts to tell him to leave over a few million dollars, I'd tell them to pull their heads out of their asses before all the fans decide to stay home one Saturday!
I don't care how it happens, just get it done.

I've seen the alumni fund; it's a pretty nice portfolio to say the least!

So much being said about coach and retirement.

He should go. No he should stay. He’s too old. He’s not being fair to Hop. He should enjoy life. He doesn’t need the money.

Look, if he wants to stay…so be it. And age should not be a factor if he still enjoys coaching.

I’m 69, and still working my business. I love it. I’m blessed to be doing what I’m doing. I would like to work till I’m 90...or more.

Is my hearing going ? Yup!

Are my eyes not as sharp as in the past? Yup!

Do I forget stuff? Yup!

Do I have family and friends telling me I should retire? Yup!

But screw them. I go when I want to go.

There’s a BIG difference when you work a job that you hate, and you can’t wait till your retired. Unless you’re in his shoes you can’t understand what Boeheim is feeling about his job, or his position regarding retirement.
I was hoping you'd put the part about forgetting stuff in a second time for comedic effect.

Yet we make more profit with football. If that was the case, why did we leave the big east? Wasn't for basketball.

Basketball made it possible to leave the Big East and keep the football program alive. If the basketball program were as good as the football program a few years ago, we never get into the ACC.

Football is a cash cow for reasons that have nothing to do with the performance of the SU football program. SU basketball is the flagship for the university for reasons very specific to the basketball program (i.e. JB). It's far more important.

Basketball made it possible to leave the Big East and keep the football program alive. If the basketball program were as good as the football program a few years ago, we never get into the ACC.

Football is a cash cow for reasons that have nothing to do with the performance of the SU football program. SU basketball is the flagship for the university for reasons very specific to the basketball program (i.e. JB). It's far more important.
Football was top 20 from 1987thru 1994 and then McNabb 4 years.

Football was carrying the banner quite fine. The ACC inquired about Syracuse in 1992 when they considered and added Florida State.

Hoops doesn't generate the cash that FB does because of TV money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom