Head's up Directv subscribers re: VPI game | Syracusefan.com

Head's up Directv subscribers re: VPI game

I tried watching part of the WV/TT game last night, but the SD just looked so atrocious. I'd be pretty ticked if I paid for Full Court only to get only SD games.

I tried watching part of the WV/TT game last night, but the SD just looked so atrocious. I'd be pretty ticked if I paid for Full Court only to get only SD games.
Yeah I do pay for it, and I swear games looked better on a 12" black and white w rabbit ears in the 70's. I'm using that as well when I call to rip directv to get my 'customer appreciation' package.

How did we ever survive watching TV before HD? It truly is an instance where you can never go back.

I'm in the Rochester area and have Directv and it looks like I get it on channel 14(CW) and 723(Full Court). And both appear to be in SD. Any idea why?

How did we ever survive watching TV before HD? It truly is an instance where you can never go back.

I remember as a kid, watching games with my dad on a 13 inch black and white, pulling the signal in via the rabbit ears. My 2014 eyes probably couldn't even discern a pattern on those old boxes.

ESPN FC also has free previews for Dish subscribers as well !!!

Yeah, what is the deal with standard def! People were talking about how great Directv was earlier this year when we had a discussion about where to watch SU games on TV this year. If I were paying for Full Court, I would be pissed! A couple games this year in Rochester ended up being shown on Time Warner in standard def. I instead turned to the hi def feed on ESPN3 off my Roku - far superior to say the least. Reminds me of the crap picture Time Warner Sports showed in past years for their games.

Standard def looks worse on an HD tv than it does an old, SD tv. If you still own one, give your SD tv a try tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom