Hear me out | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hear me out

So he wouldn’t leave Alabama basketball for Syracuse if they matched or offered more money? That’s sad if that’s true. This isn’t football.
Why wouldn’t it be true?

Congrats! This made ESPN’s “Not Top 10 Posts of the Week.”

Kudos to the top spot that went to the insinuation that our athletic director needs the help of Dick Vitale to do a campaign relating to managing our staffing situation.
Actually, your's is the bad post

Vitale hasn't been heard from in ages, you really think he's paying that much attention to Syracuse? He was fed lines

Vitale hasn't been heard from in ages, you really think he's paying that much attention to Syracuse? He was fed lines
No one nationally pays attention to Syracuse anymore outside of when will JB retire lol. We aren’t good or bad enough to be paid attention to.

No one nationally pays attention to Syracuse anymore outside of when will JB retire lol. We aren’t good or bad enough to be paid attention to.
Lets say Jim retires after this or next season. How will the University honor him? Will the Mayor do something? What about other coaches and the National press?
I think he will be treated well. I just hope he can somehow finish on a positive note. To not make the dance and have to go out after a mediocre season is so sad. I hope he gives it one more year. Keeps Judah and Jesse, lands a stud forward and finishes in the tournament. I kid and tease and im sick over how far we have fallen but i hope that he can make one more dance.

Lets say Jim retires after this or next season. How will the University honor him? Will the Mayor do something? What about other coaches and the National press?
I think he will be treated well. I just hope he can somehow finish on a positive note. To not make the dance and have to go out after a mediocre season is so sad. I hope he gives it one more year. Keeps Judah and Jesse, lands a stud forward and finishes in the tournament. I kid and tease and im sick over how far we have fallen but i hope that he can make one more dance.
They need a lot more than what’s on the current roster to make the dance next year even if everyone returns. They need major upgrades at both forward spots and at two guard.

They need a lot more than what’s on the current roster to make the dance next year even if everyone returns. They need major upgrades at both forward spots and at two guard.
I think one forward does it.
If Jesse stays. Dont shoot me but i can actually see Copeland and Joe making a good backcourt

Oh it's the last dance. The last chance for love.

Despite losing some great people, ESPN still has producers.
They prep "talent" for games.
Including issues going on with the teams.
Dick Vitale is a pretty good talker.
He's capable of putting information into his own voice.

Plus Vitale is a college basketball fan and he talks to basketball people...including AD's and coaches who are almost as old as he is. He may get information from them. He may well have known most of this on his own.

What isn't happening is that people use Vitale as a ventriloquist dummy to get out their secret (or not so secret) messages.

I think one forward does it.
If Jesse stays. Dont shoot me but i can actually see Copeland and Joe making a good backcourt
Copeland can’t shoot a lick. If he plays the ball won’t be able to get inside and his man can help off on everyone else. You can’t have Copeland and Brown on the floor together. Throw in Hima and it’s a complete nightmare.

Despite losing some great people, ESPN still has producers.
They prep "talent" for games.
Including issues going on with the teams.
Dick Vitale is a pretty good talker.
He's capable of putting information into his own voice.

Plus Vitale is a college basketball fan and he talks to basketball people...including AD's and coaches who are almost as old as he is. He may get information from them. He may well have known most of this on his own.

What isn't happening is that people use Vitale as a ventriloquist dummy to get out their secret (or not so secret) messages.
I thought Dick and JB were good friends. Dick’s comments (about looking in mirror,etc) should have been over a quiet cup of coffee, between friends. Saying that on national television, is not what a true friend should do. JB is now more likely to dig in his heels.

Let me know when they actually make a final 4. 1 year of regular season success doesn’t make them a better program.
Everything else does. Money. Young coach. Rising conference. TV deals.
Is Alabama historically better. No! Are they better right now. Absoinglutely!
Questioning that is delusional, and is the type of thinking at the institutional level that has SU where it is right now.

Nate Oats has the #1 overall team in college basketball today, after the NCAA pre-tournament ratings were published.

Ship has sailed.

I dont think either of things would materially affect his decision.

I think his decision would come down to:
1. Money
2. Location - would he prefer to live in the NE
3. History - does he believe Syracuse is a higher profile job at this point?

I thought Dick and JB were good friends. Dick’s comments (about looking in mirror,etc) should have been over a quiet cup of coffee, between friends. Saying that on national television, is not what a true friend should do. JB is now more likely to dig in his heels.
Dickie V is a TV personality and analyst. He’s paid to state his opinion on TV.

Maybe he already tried that.

Dick has an obligation to do his job. Part of his job has always been to comment on the state of the programs he’s calling games for - it’s part of why he is where he is.

“good friends”? I thought they were guys who act like friends for the cameras, that know each other through their careers.

I think a much more likely scenario is that we get one more season of this, GMAC takes over and tries to keep everything the same and we in 9 games in the 2024-2025 season.

If you are ADJW, do you leverage your former colleagues to push the narrative on JB should retire? If I am him, I do. this softens the blow and facilitates an easier conversation at the end of the season.

Either way. Clean sweep. Keep Mintz bang the portal, and throw historic money at Nate Oats

Why would JW need to feed anyone lines? I don’t think there’s some vast conspiracy with JW and media narration. It happens without any nudging.

First, we’re only a national story when we 1) are playing a team like Duke or 2) when JB steps in it at a presser for the most part.

And we were playing Duke. So here’s the only interesting storylines we have as a team:

1) Judah
2) JB and his pressers / eventual retirement
3) For literally one block of time, whoever AW brings to the game if it’s a game where he brings someone.

There doesn’t need to be some conspiracy. We aren’t important enough to talk about much else. And JB has proven over and over that he will publicly give the media something to talk about that makes him look bad or bizarre.

We aren’t vying for a top seed. We don’t have a stellar class coming in, we’ve been on a slow bleed out trend wise for the better part of a decade.

We aren’t interesting. Talking about JB is basically one of the only things that they have to talk about. It will keep happening. JW doesn’t need to orchestrate it like a villainous mastermind.

Please stop the excuses the back-and-forth we need a new direction.
The soccer team just won a national championship. There’s no reason for the basketball program to be stale. He needs to be removed.

Last edited: