Hear ye, Hear ye | Syracusefan.com

Hear ye, Hear ye

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Let it be known that on the 11th of December, in the year of our Lord 2013, that the OTTO-man Empire once again sits firmly in a position of grandeur amongst the chaos that is college basketball.

Mighty powers have fallen. Oh have they fallen.

The Grand Duke of Durham has already become acquainted with the cold, lifeless eyes of defeat. The Court of Rock-Chalk has felt the tingling embrace of loss 3 times over. And the supposed saviors of the sport, those mighty blue bloods of Kentucky, have twice fallen in battle.

Yet here we stand. A pristine 9 and 0. In an era of Boeheimian success not seen the world over.

Our lands have become vast. Stretching from the pearly mecca of Manhattan, to the white-beached shores of Maui. A spreading of orange at which even Alexander himself would have marveled.

And our garrison of athletes is the envy of the hardwooded-realm. Our astrologers now find themselves gazing beyond the once familiar pale dull of 3-stars to focus on the warm, glowing potential of stars 4 and 5.

And it is this success that we cannot take for granted. For we should cherish the recent successes of the OTTO-man Empire and hold them near to our hearts.

Which brings me to the dregs of Saint John’s and Connecticut.

Despite their divine designation, St John’s is merely fodder, A kingdom-less leach that foolhardily stands between us and what is rightfully ours…that what we proudly won in battle time and time again. Yet only a fool goes into battle taking the opposition lightly. We shall be ready.

And lastly, let me quickly speak of the vile dogs of Connecticut. Their aptly named “boneyard” where the soulless remnants of fanatics fester, should no longer be of importance to us. For tearing down the huskies should not be the path to building ourselves up.

So here’s to the OTTO-Man Empire.

Where orange is more than just a color.

U4qgRWL.jpg

can u add in a mount rushmore of cuse people?

im thinking under and to the left of the balloon... close enough to see who each are, but kind of in the distance.

can u add in a mount rushmore of cuse people?

im thinking under and to the left of the balloon... close enough to see who each are, but kind of in the distance.

I was thinking a couple of nights ago who would be on it and starting a thread, but I figured you guys have already had one? JB, Bing, Melo and DC?

I was thinking a couple of nights ago who would be on it and starting a thread, but I figured you guys have already had one? JB, Bing, Melo and DC?

bball wise, thats prob pretty accurate.

I think you should have a mountrushmore of Pearl, Sherm, DC & Melo bracketed a statue of JB on one side and Bing on the other both as players though like they ushered the more modern guys in which they did.

I sent that post to 8 of my syracuse friends! I LOVE IT! Clever use of language style, and an amazing picture at the end! How can I get a hard copy of that picture? I want to give it to myself for Christmas!

HEAR YE, o seraphim and cherubim! RISE UP, ye angelic realms! BOW DOWN, o mortals and all ye fiefdoms! Thy humble prophet, Lawrinson, who rideth on wings of glory, he spaketh the Truthiness!

If we weren't trying to forget the past, we could have Boeheim walking a husky and a bulldog on leashes with muzzles.

Last edited:
Yet here we stand. A pristine 9 and 0. In an era of Boeheimian success not seen the world over.

So here’s to the OTTO-Man Empire.
Where orange is more than just a color.

U4qgRWL.jpg

We need to tweak the lyrics of Boheimian Rhapsody to fit your piece of art. Here is the original opening verse. Perhaps I can do this later, but someone might want to tackle it now.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm "easy come, easy go"
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to
me

Forum statistics