Heather D | Syracusefan.com

Heather D

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
Anyone read her chat wrap today she literally gives no respect towards Cuse granted we were 6-6 and she did say exceeded expectations but had some snarky Cuse remarks overall. Just think she's a toolbox that needs spellcheck in her chats.

Lol she can't read.

Matt (Maryland)
With Pitt and Cuse beating "much better" teams will the ACC get some respect finally?

Heather Dinich
(1:42 PM)

Who says Pitt and Cuse are going to be "much better" next year? I think with the exception of FSU, next year is going to be much of the same.

FreakTalksAboutSU said:
Lol she can't read.

Even aside from her ability to read - she makes no sense. To her it's not feasible that either Pitt or Syracuse can't make a leap to you know - win 2-3 more games?

1. How long has she been doing this? Did she and her BFF pick Duke to finish last this season? Teams can get better or worse from year to year seemingly out of the blue.

2. For us, specifically - new coach, new staff, new starting QB, new conference. We were in 3rd place in our division! We finished we above her own prognostication for this season!!! How could she then say "more of the same" ... More of the same as you get it wrong? What an idiot.

She's kind of a dunce and has a massive forehead, but to be fair, I wouldn't see why anyone in the media wouldn't expect us to be a middle of the road bowl team next year. We've been that the past 4 seasons, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, 7-6.

We've got a solid recruiting class coming in so far but we are also losing some key guys, most importantly Spruill, Bromley Macky, Jerome and Lyn. I still think we're a year or two away from having a legit shot of moving up to the next rung on the ladder. And we definitely need more difference makers, her point is valid.

She gives Heathers' a bad name. Should have been named Veronica.
I think she is being defensive since she was so wrong about Syracuse all season.

She had SU ranked around #11 or #12 in her ACC power rankings all year long and picked them to finish in second last in the Atlantic Division in the preseason.

One would think that at some point, she would catch on but I don't think she has much going for her in the cabeza.

Link

She's kind of a dunce and has a massive forehead, but to be fair, I wouldn't see why anyone in the media wouldn't expect us to be a middle of the road bowl team next year. We've been that the past 4 seasons, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, 7-6.

We've got a solid recruiting class coming in so far but we are also losing some key guys, most importantly Spruill, Bromley Macky, Jerome and Lyn. I still think we're a year or two away from having a legit shot of moving up to the next rung on the ladder. And we definitely need more difference makers, her point is valid.

I think it's her tone. I think it is presumptuous to assume zero growth off a year with no legit starter to open the year, a rookie HC, and a new conf. I think if she had said something like

"Syracuse may continue to demonstrate growth but will still likely be positioned near the muddle of the pack" rather than be so quick to force her southern bias on us that she couldn't even take the time to read the questions correctly she would be getting more slack.

I wonder why they bother to have a person even doing that job. you watch games on sat, they dont do hardly any live stuff, they seldom talk about the games when finished unless its FSU/Clemson/Miami. In the end a couple times a week they post a 2 sentence blob and host a chat with 5-10 questions.. How much do they make for doing this? does she have a real job somewhere else?

orange79 said:
OMG...we're doomed! A writer didn't fall all over us with praise. :rolleyes:
more like respect us we don't get praise and that's fine because next season everyone will take notice. key is to win early and continue throughout season.

Think Cuse fans should let her know what we think in her email box.

HD and AA are clueless. Their entire preseason predictions outside of FSU/Clemson were completely wrong. Like 100% inverted. They bang their southern football mantra drums like good little southern bimbos should and gave 0 respect to BC or SU. They refuse to acknowledge that we are good enough to play with the bulk of the ACC, just not Clemson/FSU which honestly nobody else could either. Their stuff is horrible and the only reason they are still writing that blog is because they are polishing someone's knob, they gotta be cause there is no other possible explanation for letting them continue printing their uninformed gibberish.

more like respect us we don't get praise and that's fine because next season everyone will take notice. key is to win early and continue throughout season.
Because her opinion means SO much. Take it easy, Tiger. So many more important things to worry about.

Happy New Year!

another example of how no factory jobs in America ripples down-

you have a lady with zero knowledge getting paid for her thoughts on college football,when in a america with factory jobs she is nothing more than a janitor

Because her opinion means SO much. Take it easy, Tiger. So many more important things to worry about.

Happy New Year!

It's not like she is writing for bleacher report and nobody is paying attention. She is the ESPN ACC blogger and a lot of people are seeing what she writes on a daily basis. Perception is everything when rebuilding.

Think Cuse fans should let her know what we think in her email box.
I am not sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not, but this is one if the things wrong with society today. Any yahoo with Internet access can anonymously harass someone for any reason they want. Maybe we should institute a new board policy that allows us to automatically flood email inboxes when someone posts something dumb or contraversial on these boards.

Bottom line who cares what someone mistypes on an ESPN chat? We are the real fans of varying levels who understand the team and program in varying levels. If I want reliable information about SU football or basketball I am much more likely to come to this board than look at ESPN.

It's not like she is writing for bleacher report and nobody is paying attention. She is the ESPN ACC blogger and a lot of people are seeing what she writes on a daily basis. Perception is everything when rebuilding.
Oh please. People need to take it easy on these perceived slights. Oh NO!!! Doug G dissed us! Oh NO!!! Heather dissed us! It. Means. Nothing. You think recruits are sitting there waiting to see what she says about SU?

orange79 said:
Oh please. People need to take it easy on these perceived slights. Oh NO!!! Doug G dissed us! Oh NO!!! Heather dissed us! It. Means. Nothing. You think recruits are sitting there waiting to see what she says about SU?
if I wanna be slightly worked up over it I can there buddy, don't you worry so much about it. Thanks though really appreciate your concern.

IDK. Everything she said in the chat about SU was fine. She was way off with her pre-season prediction but so were most non-SU fans.

So you're saying a recruit, a teenage recruit, one who is very easily influenced as most teenagers are, in ACC country(i.e. Florida), who follows the blog, might not be influenced at all by the negative press we get on an ESPN website...that's what you're saying right? Yeah ok, and liberal politicians aren't influenced by unions either right? C'mon man. Negative press is bad for the program. How you can deny that is simply beyond me. This isn't 1930 anymore, SU needs positive national exposure to remain a nationally relevant program. To me, it's as simple as that.

So you're saying a recruit, a teenage recruit, one who is very easily influenced as most teenagers are, in ACC country(i.e. Florida), who follows the blog, might not be influenced at all by the negative press we get on an ESPN website...that's what you're saying right? Yeah ok, and liberal politicians aren't influenced by unions either right? C'mon man. Negative press is bad for the program. How you can deny that is simply beyond me. This isn't 1930 anymore, SU needs positive national exposure to remain a nationally relevant program. To me, it's as simple as that.
And to me, I'm not sure a lot of teenagers are reading Heather's blog. I'm well aware it isn't 1930 anymore, otherwise we'd be having this conversation via telex. Difference of opinion, I guess. As to how politicians and unions are related to teenagers and a blog they most likely don't read, well, whatever.

OMG...we're doomed! A writer didn't fall all over us with praise.

:rolleyes:

This is kind of how I also feel about that respect thread. Right now the best respect we have is that people aren't falling all over us.

Because no one falls over 6 loss teams. As an SU fan, I'm very happy about where we are right now, because I know where we were in the GRob years. So while I still want things to be better, it's great to have a pulse, look at who comes back, which recruits we're adding, and feel good about the forward direction.

From a national perspective, 6 loss teams don't get talked about. 1-3 loss teams get talked about (in a good way). 9-12 loss teams get talked about (in a bad way).

I don't want people nationally to start catching onto this nice Syracuse story like we're some kind of Bill Snyder/Kansas State, Greg Schiano/Rutgers charity project. Makes everyone realize just how bad we were. That dark period was only 4-5 years, not a lifetime of suckness like the others I just named. So let's just quietly get back to 8-9 win seasons, pop a special 10-11 in there when things fall right, and then wait until that point for all the positive press.