Heather D | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Heather D

if I wanna be slightly worked up over it I can there buddy, don't you worry so much about it. Thanks though really appreciate your concern.
No one said you couldn't. I just thought that you might have better things to worry about. Apparently not. Knock yourself out.

another example of how no factory jobs in America ripples down-

you have a lady with zero knowledge getting paid for her thoughts on college football,when in a america with factory jobs she is nothing more than a janitor
I don't know why but this really cracked me up at work. Dying.

And to me, I'm not sure a lot of teenagers are reading Heather's blog. I'm well aware it isn't 1930 anymore, otherwise we'd be having this conversation via telex. Difference of opinion, I guess. As to how politicians and unions are related to teenagers and a blog they most likely don't read, well, whatever.

Ok fine then, their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. To think recruiting exists in some bubble where media and national perception don't matter at all, well...whatever. Agree that we have a big difference of opinion on this but you're certainly entitled to your own.

Her problem stems more then her attitude about Syracuse, I've read her reports for more then a year and she comes off as someone who really does no research, she's wrong more often then not.

So you're saying a recruit, a teenage recruit, one who is very easily influenced as most teenagers are, in ACC country(i.e. Florida), who follows the blog, might not be influenced at all by the negative press we get on an ESPN website...that's what you're saying right? Yeah ok, and liberal politicians aren't influenced by unions either right? C'mon man. Negative press is bad for the program. How you can deny that is simply beyond me. This isn't 1930 anymore, SU needs positive national exposure to remain a nationally relevant program. To me, it's as simple as that.

I'd be more concerned about what some of our dopey fans post here than what some ESPN blogger who isn't even affiliated with the program posts.

I think she is being defensive since she was so wrong about Syracuse all season.

She had SU ranked around #11 or #12 in her ACC power rankings all year long and picked them to finish in second last in the Atlantic Division in the preseason.

One would think that at some point, she would catch on but I don't think she has much going for her in the cabeza.

Link

Seriously, how could anyone have thought that Wake or NCSt were going to be any good this year?

baggerbob said:
Her problem stems more then her attitude about Syracuse, I've read her reports for more then a year and she comes off as someone who really does no research, she's wrong more often then not.

It's this. She has a bias - but it's worse because it's uninformed. AA has been to the dome when we beat a top ten team in Louisville... Her picks and respect reflect that. Heather D should be sent to the dome for a big game - she needs to be informed.

As far as public pressure goes - yeah - I'd flood the comments of the blog with respectful, honest call outs and rebutted of her crap. Hold her accountable.

To those who say it doesn't matter - you're full of it. ESPN is still the biggest name on the game and the website is one of the biggest in the world. When she slings her crap it influences massive amounts of people, subtly forming opinions. Like when we beat Maryland and their fan base thought they lost to an FCS school? Or Minny's disrespect? We need them to write "up and coming" next to Syracuse all next season.

Like many said on here, who cares what she writes? If there is a common theme among her blogs and you don't like it, don't follow it. I highly doubt the recruits we are trying to sign give 2 cents about what she is writing.

I state it again. There is a book called "Don't sweat the small stuff.". It is worth reading.

jvbj01 said:
Like many said on here, who cares what she writes? If there is a common theme among her blogs and you don't like it, don't follow it. I highly doubt the recruits we are trying to sign give 2 cents about what she is writing. I state it again. There is a book called "Don't sweat the small stuff.". It is worth reading.

There is a steady stream of folks calling for better local advertising - and at the same time people calling the biggest ACC blog in the world small potatoes (not you jvbj01, just sayin).

Perception is everything in college football - and we should care about ours.

One of these days the di*kbag media will respect us

I'd be more concerned about what some of our dopey fans post here than what some ESPN blogger who isn't even affiliated with the program posts.

I'm willing to bet that the ESPN official ACC blog gets slightly more hits than this place. And she is affiliated with the program. She writes national stories about us. How is that not affiliated? It's not like we're pissed off that some announcer said something stupid during a game. It's ESPN and it's in print, and it stays there for every single person who visits the blog to see. She's a horrible blogger with 0 respect for NE brand of football.

I'm willing to bet that the ESPN official ACC blog gets slightly more hits than this place. And she is affiliated with the program. She writes national stories about us. How is that not affiliated? It's not like we're pissed off that some announcer said something stupid during a game. It's ESPN and it's in print, and it stays there for every single person who visits the blog to see. She's a horrible blogger with 0 respect for NE brand of football.
right but recruits googling their names here might be none too pleased with some of the jagaloons on here.

How is she affiliated? She's a paid employee of ESPN, she didn't go to SU, she doesn't attend games and she doesn't consider herself a fan or representative of the program. We have people here that actually go to games and call themselves fans and post some of the most negative crap imaginable. I'd be more concerned with people actually associated with the program taking a dump on it. It's a lot easier for a recruit to google themselves and find a thread on themselves here then it is to go to ESPN.com, look up the ACC blog site, then try to back track to a chat dialog that happened, and then actually read through it to try to find something about Syracuse.

How is she affiliated? She's a paid employee of ESPN, she didn't go to SU, she doesn't attend games and she doesn't consider herself a fan or representative of the program. We have people here that actually go to games and call themselves fans and post some of the most negative crap imaginable. I'd be more concerned with people actually associated with the program taking a dump on it. It's a lot easier for a recruit to google themselves and find a thread on themselves here then it is to go to ESPN.com, look up the ACC blog site, then try to back track to a chat dialog that happened, and then actually read through it to try to find something about Syracuse.

I wasn't assuming ESPN would be used as a research vessel. More like some recruit's parents, family, or friends who follows ACC teams would read the nonsense coming out of HD's mouth on a daily basis, therefore forming an unfair opinion of our program. I get the point about the crap on here too. But to assume that ESPN's official ACC beat writer has no influence is kinda short sighted IMO

right but recruits googling their names here might be none too pleased with some of the jagaloons on here.

Agreed, but at least on here the opposing viewpoints come on strong and it's easy to see there is plenty of support in the fan base as well. There's nobody refuting HD's garbage.

Last edited:
Can't wait to read the spin from the ACC blog on how their darling BC Eagles got smoked and Syracuse beat a good B1G team.

They've been kissing Adazzios a$$ all season.