Heaven gained an SU fan today | Syracusefan.com

Heaven gained an SU fan today

sabach

All American
Just got word that my friend lost his four year battle with pancreatic cancer this morning. We were taking our sons to the G-Town game Saturday. I was hoping he could hold out till then. I want to thank JB for signing a basketball for the benefit we had for him a few weeks ago and I want to thank Otto for showing up at the benefit to take pictures with the kids. My friend loved SU sports and we will miss him. Please pray for his wife and three kids.

Just got word that my friend lost his four year battle with pancreatic cancer this morning. We were taking our sons to the G-Town game Saturday. I was hoping he could hold out till then. I want to thank JB for signing a basketball for the benefit we had for him a few weeks ago and I want to thank Otto for showing up at the benefit to take pictures with the kids. My friend loved SU sports and we will miss him. Please pray for his wife and three kids.

Sorry to hear. God bless

RIP

I hate all cancers - but pancreatic is certainly 1 of my least favorite.

Condolences from my family to yours and his...in our thoughts and prayers!!

So sorry to hear that Sabach. Prayers coming your way and his family's way.

Sorry to hear, my condolences and prayers to his family and friends. He will be watching front row as we dismantle Georgetown one last time in the Dome.

So sad to hear about your loss, but it sounds like you were a great friend to him, making his final days better than they would have been without your thoughtfulness. As JLine just said, he will have a great front row seat for the game on Saturday.

wow, 4 years...that is an eternity when it comes to pancreatic cancer.

my deepest condolences

Sorry to hear about this, sabach. His family is in my prayers.

On the bright side, now that he's in heaven, he'll never have to run into another Hoya fan for all eternity. :)

Stay strong.

My uncle, also a die hard SU fan, passed away in '07 when I was a senior in high school from pancreatic cancer. It was absolutely shocking how quickly it deteriorated his body and was very difficult for me and my family to witness and try to make sense of.

My condolences. He joins fellow 'cuse fans upstairs.

four years . . . I'd say your friend kicked pancreatic cancer's ass. That is one of the deadliest, most hopeless ones out there.

My dad didn't get four months after his diagnosis . . . Gene Upshaw didn't get 4 days.

four years . . . I'd say your friend kicked pancreatic cancer's ass. That is one of the deadliest, most hopeless ones out there.

My dad didn't get four months after his diagnosis . . . Gene Upshaw didn't get 4 days.

Four years is an eternity. I had a good friends dad make it 10 months with it and I thought that was pretty amazing.

RIP. and lets go orange

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

thoughts and paryers to you and the family. makes us put things in perspective. you were a dear frined, stay strong, god bless

Yeah that is quite the battle he put up against an unfair opponent. He may have been needed with his obvious fighting spirit to help take down the Hoyas.

My deepest condolences to you and his family.

The SU athletic department deserves a lot of kudos for the things they do that don't get publicized, particularly the basketball staff. They were so gracious to my co-worker and his family as he fought and lost his battle with cancer. They even placed a pave stone in his memory outside of the Melo Center. I stop and look at it every time I go up to Manley. We have some great human beings up there, that is for sure.

My condolances. Lost my mom to pancreatic cancer two years ago. Only 3 months after diagnosis and a terrible quality of life. God Bless.

RIP. My mom is battling that hideous disease. Best to everyone involved.

Condolences to you and your friend's family!

Condolences. Although I'm not religious I'll send some positive thoughts his family's way.

And for goodness' sake, 4 years is an astonishing survival time for pancreatic ca, even if caught relatively early. Cheers to your friend's perseverance and general toughness.

35095528.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom