Heaven gained an SU fan today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Heaven gained an SU fan today

Very sorry to hear. Sending out prayers and thoughts to your friend's family.

My condolances. Lost my mom to pancreatic cancer two years ago. Only 3 months after diagnosis and a terrible quality of life. God Bless.
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

My deepest condolences to you and his family.

The SU athletic department deserves a lot of kudos for the things they do that don't get publicized, particularly the basketball staff. They were so gracious to my co-worker and his family as he fought and lost his battle with cancer. They even placed a pave stone in his memory outside of the Melo Center. I stop and look at it every time I go up to Manley. We have some great human beings up there, that is for sure.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. May he rest in peace.

Just got word that my friend lost his four year battle with pancreatic cancer this morning. We were taking our sons to the G-Town game Saturday. I was hoping he could hold out till then. I want to thank JB for signing a basketball for the benefit we had for him a few weeks ago and I want to thank Otto for showing up at the benefit to take pictures with the kids. My friend loved SU sports and we will miss him. Please pray for his wife and three kids.

Really sorry to hear that, sabach. Condolences.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words today. My friend was a strong guy who gave cancer all it could handle. SU does have a tremendous group of people working in the B-Ball office, including JB himself. This is especially true when it comes to being there for people who are going through a difficult medical issue. I want to send my best to all those in this thread who have indicated that they have suffered similar losses. God Bless you all.

Just got word that my friend lost his four year battle with pancreatic cancer this morning. We were taking our sons to the G-Town game Saturday. I was hoping he could hold out till then. I want to thank JB for signing a basketball for the benefit we had for him a few weeks ago and I want to thank Otto for showing up at the benefit to take pictures with the kids. My friend loved SU sports and we will miss him. Please pray for his wife and three kids.

My mentor and senior partner in my firm succumbed to pancreatic cancer two years ago this month. It's a horrible disease, and I'm sorry your friend and his family had to endure it--but I hope he is in a better place now and enjoys watching the Hoyas get drawn and quartered this weekend.

RIP

My mentor and senior partner in my firm succumbed to pancreatic cancer two years ago this month. It's a horrible disease, and I'm sorry your friend and his family had to endure it--but I hope he is in a better place now and enjoys watching the Hoyas get drawn and quartered this weekend.

RIP
I'm sorry to hear about your colleague, suttree.

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague, suttree.

Many thanks, Tee. It's obvious from this thread that a lot of us have experienced real loss due to pancreatic cancer, or that we're staring it directly in the maw. My condolences and wishes for strength and perseverance go out to everyone affected by it.

Positive vibes for all who have family and friends afflicted with unfortunate health concerns.

Losing a good friend or a family member is tough. For those in the fight, wishing you the best.

Sorry for your loss. Sad to lose a brother orange fan. I will toast him tonite and hope they have season tickets for the Cuse in heaven.

Pancreatic cancer is a terrible thing. I am so very sorry for you, for his family, and for the Orange community. Especially hard that you had such a wonderful thing planned and now he will have to watch it from a different perspective. But he will be there. Of that, I am sure.

Pancreatic cancer is a terrible thing. I am so very sorry for you, for his family, and for the Orange community. Especially hard that you had such a wonderful thing planned and now he will have to watch it from a different perspective. But he will be there. Of that, I am sure.
Losing a good friend is a terrible experience and I'm sorry for your loss. Cancer must be eradicated from us but we spend more on other worthless expendituresPancreatic cancer is one of the worse to suffer through. My thoughts are with you 3B!

May he have been greeted at the gates by Ernie Davis himself, God bless his family and you for being such a caring friend.

Sabach, you strike me as one of the most consistently friendly people on this board, and I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

I echo everyone elses's thoughts about your good friend. Pancreatic cancer is definitely one of the worst forms. Your friend was very lucky if he was able to spend four years with his family after being diagnosed. As stated, most people don't get that much time.

That said, cancer has affected everyone in one form or another. Hopefully we will see some type of cure in our lifetime. Even though I have some very good friends and family members that have beaten the Big C, it's the ones that haven't that gives us the inspiration to still donate to help further the research. Those folks will never be forgotten.

My deepest condolences to you and his family.

Was going to like your post but it had 44 of them and I didn't want to ruin that as it seems quite appropriate.

R.I.P.

My condolences go out to you and his family and all those affected.

I hate to see posts like this... May your friend live on forever in fond memories of the times you shared together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom