Heels vs Irish | Syracusefan.com

Heels vs Irish

pearl31

in cahoots
the game in which defense is entirely optional.
ND leads 38-34 at half.
Irish got some shooters, Heels not so much

UNC is a very winnable game for us. JB owns Roy.

just seems like Roy's teams always play really dumb - sometimes he has the sheer talent to overcome it, but not of late

Already dreading the ND game. Connaughton is in what feels like his 7th year at ND. I fully expect him to go nuts. They also appear to have reloaded with several no name white guys on their bench. We all know how that usually goes.
Good news is they appear to suck at rebounding and have less depth then we do.

Lol my god Roy Williams really is an awful coach. What the heck was that.

ND played very well. UNC had multiple chances to go ahead, but could never get there. Entertaining game.

Roy calling that second timeout with 1.4 left was one of the worst cases of over coaching I've ever seen. They were about to get a very good look for a game winner.

ND played very well. UNC had multiple chances to go ahead, but could never get there. Entertaining game.
You're on an SU board moments after your team lost at the buzzer?

Roy calling that second timeout with 1.4 left was one of the worst cases of over coaching I've ever seen. They were about to get a very good look for a game winner.

He's not used to having time-outs left at the end of a game.

Kid was gonna get a pretty clean look at a 23 footer and Roy calls time out. Wow.

Kid was gonna get a pretty clean look at a 23 footer and Roy calls time out. Wow.

I agree with you that the TO call there was terrible in hindsight, but UNC had plenty of chances to go ahead before that. ND was just better.

23 footer? Kid was moving and slowed down once he got over half court. He might have gotten to the basket if Roy let him play.

How did the ref decide UNC had enough (if any) possession to call that second to last time out?

How did the ref decide UNC had enough (if any) possession to call that second to last time out?

ND is lucky that they weren't called for a foul there. There was a hack that, if it occurred earlier in the game, probably would have sent UNC to the line. But thankfully, the refs tend to let those plays slide in the final seconds.

I am setting the over/under for 3's by ND against us at 14.

Lol my god Roy Williams really is an awful coach. What the heck was that.

He's the Mack Brown of college hoops...or maybe Mack Brown is the Roy Williams of college football

giphy.gif

ND leads 38-34 at half.
That strikes me as funny. If defense is entirely optional and the halftime score is only 38-34, then there must be a complete lack of scorers on the floor. What's college Bball come to?

He's the Mack Brown of college hoops...or maybe Mack Brown is the Roy Williams of college football

giphy.gif

He has two nc's 7 final fours and has won almost 80 pct of his games.

Briancuse said:
He has two nc's 7 final fours and has won almost 80 pct of his games.

Yeah, but how many Keith Smart shots, and injured/ineligible centers is he away from 4 titles?

Yeah, but how many Keith Smart shots, and injured/ineligible centers is he away from 4 titles?

You can play that game all day long, if he doesn't run into carmelo anthony, he has three. If the kid from butler hits that shot, coach k has three. The bottom line is Roy Williams resume is pretty damn impressive.

I almost came on last night just to post about this - I said to my friend they would either end up with a heave in the corner, or someone jacking one up while heading away from the hoop.

Roy drew up the former. Brilliant. Throwing it into an area already occupied by one defender (cuz you have a guy standing in the corner already) thereby ensuring your relatively short guard (Paige) is shooting a fadeaway three over six outstretched arms. WTG, Roy.

ND leads 38-34 at half.

Eh, these defense optional games are more fun to watch that what we've put on the court the past 1.25 years...hopefully when we get some more skilled guys/shooters coming in we can get back to being more uptempo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom