Heinz Field as a college football venue..... | Syracusefan.com

Heinz Field as a college football venue.....

realcusefan888

Walk On
YUCK!!! give me my on campus dome anyday! sparse crowd in a 75k stadium, seating a mile from the field, pro feel to the facility. this is coming from a steelers fan and love the venue for them. and our dome appreciation will grow as we make the trek to the dome this saturday morning in 50 degree drizzle with a lovely north wind...LOVE THE DOME!

GO CUSE!

YUCK!!! give me my on campus dome anyday! sparse crowd in a 75k stadium, seating a mile from the field, pro feel to the facility. this is coming from a steelers fan and love the venue for them. and our dome appreciation will grow as we make the trek to the dome this saturday morning in 50 degree drizzle with a lovely north wind...LOVE THE DOME!

GO CUSE!

I agree -- the place sucks for College football. If you think our crowd is dead as a doornail, go to a Pitt game. Bo-ring

actually looking good for going out for the cuse/pitt game 12/3. gonna be fun when there but yes, nothing like an on campus venue.

Pitt was in a tough spot. Their old stadium was a dump, and their facilities were subpar. They got a chance to ride the coattails of the Steelers, and it clearly had a hugely positive affect on their recruiting.

But agree that Heinz is way too big for their fanbase.

On espn, lists capacity at 65k but whos counting

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

ok, if its indeed 65k...then they draw as we do with 35-40k. so, maybe we arent doing that bad afterall!

Pitt was in a tough spot. Their old stadium was a dump, and their facilities were subpar. They got a chance to ride the coattails of the Steelers, and it clearly had a hugely positive affect on their recruiting.

But agree that Heinz is way too big for their fanbase.

Yep, necessarily evil. They had to do something. As a college football venue, it doesn't work, will never be full, will never be intimidating. But it's a state of the art, pro team facility, and recruits have loved that.

ok, if its indeed 65k...then they draw as we do with 35-40k. so, maybe we arent doing that bad afterall!
I agree though. It looks like an empty house.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.