Help Me Out Here | Syracusefan.com

Help Me Out Here

Longtimesu

Scout Team
I’m too old for all the new talk in today's culture. I grew up in the 1950s and 60s. We had transistor radios, black and white TVs, only three TV channels, bell-bottom jeans, hippies, and the peace sign. Our cars were made of steel, we could change our oil, and cooking with lard did not kill my parents or aunts or uncles at an early age who all lived to be in their 90s. Ya, we talked in a language our parents thought was unsophisticated and unintelligible. Pig Latin, “spare me,” “peace,” “hey man,” that’s groovy,” “bookin,” far out,” “sock it to me,” “peggers,” “scatch,” and “thread,” was our “far out” language. So I’m not mocking the new language of today or those that use it. Time goes on, things change. I’m just trying to understand this lingo

I see comments with AJK, ABJ, BJB, SBO, OBB, DTT, heck, I don’t even remember them correctly. I waste more time trying to figure out who or what some of you are talking about. And what is this ISO? I see it all the time.

I took morse code when I was in the boy scouts. But at that time, I was 12 years old and the codes came easy to me. But now, at 74, I’m having trouble with the codes in this forum.

I’m too old for all the new talk in today's culture. I grew up in the 1950s and 60s. We had transistor radios, black and white TVs, only three TV channels, bell-bottom jeans, hippies, and the peace sign. Our cars were made of steel, we could change our oil, and cooking with lard did not kill my parents or aunts or uncles at an early age who all lived to be in their 90s. Ya, we talked in a language our parents thought was unsophisticated and unintelligible. Pig Latin, “spare me,” “peace,” “hey man,” that’s groovy,” “bookin,” far out,” “sock it to me,” “peggers,” “scatch,” and “thread,” was our “far out” language. So I’m not mocking the new language of today or those that use it. Time goes on, things change. I’m just trying to understand this lingo

I see comments with AJK, ABJ, BJB, SBO, OBB, DTT, heck, I don’t even remember them correctly. I waste more time trying to figure out who or what some of you are talking about. And what is this ISO? I see it all the time.

I took morse code when I was in the boy scouts. But at that time, I was 12 years old and the codes came easy to me. But now, at 74, I’m having trouble with the codes in this forum.
ISO = Isolation

An offensive strategy where you want to avoid help defenders so you take your other players away from the ball handler. 1 on 1. Think Kobe Bryant.

I kept seeing JBA and it took me half the year to figure. Out it was Jon Bol Ajak, I dont know if I spelled that right.

Longtime don't be a stranger and its fine to ask questions. While this board is often more like those old beer commercials (Great taste...No! Less filling! ) with the football players, most of us will be happy to answer questions if you have them on the sport, team, etc. Welcome to the conversation!

This write-up has me creased lol. Most of the abbreviations you're seeing are probably just a players/coaches initials
edb.png

When in doubt, just check urbandictionary.com

For example, when someone types "JB" they are usually referring to "Jail Bait."

Others. btw- by the way
Omg- oh my god
IMHO- in my humble opinion
BRB- be right back
Lol- laugh out loud
What- what the f$&@

And you're still 3 years younger than our head coach!