Here are the refs we will see this weekend. | Syracusefan.com

Here are the refs we will see this weekend.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
You can run but you can't hide.

Blair Kerkhoff@BlairKerkhoff1h
F4 refs: John Cahill, Mike Eades,, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, John Higgins, Les Jones, Randy McCall, Doug Sirmons, Mark Whitehead, Terry Wymer.

Hess? Really? Do they grade these guys or is it a lottery?

How does Karl Hess get in there? Please tell me he has to buy a ticket to get in.

You can run but you can't hide.

Blair Kerkhoff@BlairKerkhoff1h
F4 refs: John Cahill, Mike Eades,, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, John Higgins, Les Jones, Randy McCall, Doug Sirmons, Mark Whitehead, Terry Wymer.

images

Lets hope Karl Hess and john cahill gets the Wichita st Louisville game Saturday night.

I'm shocked Karl Hess made the final four

anyone know what the grading system is for the refs?

This isn't the Big East, and they'll call it as such. We've been fine the first 4 games.

This isn't the Big East, and they'll call it as such. We've been fine the first 4 games.

If anything was off, I think we've even benefited from a "few" bad calls... we just don't start threads about those as often. I think the basketball gods are on our side so far.

If anything was off, I think we've even benefited from a "few" bad calls... we just don't start threads about those as often. I think the basketball gods are on our side so far.
We're not Pitt. Big East refs hurt us because we aren't physical. A team like Michigan isn't physical either (at least not as phyiscal as teams like Marquette or Pitt)

Said the same thing to my husband when he read off the list at dinner. Hess? Oh s..t. Hope the others keep him in check.

There are 10 names there, which suggests one is a "reserve." Let's hope it's Hess.

Hess sucks..but the stealth ref that is really bad is Cahill. I flinch almost as much as Burr when announced.
Cahill and Burr are both from the Albany area. Cahill makes the final four every year. I just don't get it. He thinks he is bigger than the profession.

Was Higgins part of the crew officiating that lopsided loss in last year's NCAA tournament game against Ohio State?

There are 10 names there, which suggests one is a "reserve." Let's hope it's Hess.
You would think so, but here is what the press release says:

Three-man crews will work each game with a fourth official on standby. The assignments for the semifinals will be made Saturday morning with the championship officials announced Monday.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...2319/ncaa-announces-pool-officials-final-four

I would think if someone refs on Saturday then they are done, but I wouldn't put anything past the NCAA.

Was Higgins part of the crew officiating that lopsided loss in last year's NCAA tournament game against Ohio State?

Is Higgins the guy with the "tall" white hAir? If so he's my least favorite of all time. Guy sucks

Is Higgins the guy with the "tall" white hAir? If so he's my least favorite of all time. Guy sucks
Here is John Higgins.

Here is Tim Higgins who you might be thinking of.

or maybe even John Cahill

Officials: Tom O'Neill, Mike Nance, John Higgins

Here is John Higgins.

Here is Tim Higgins who you might be thinking of.

or maybe even John Cahill

None of these guys. Think white hair that bounces up and down when he runs. Not balding. And he sucks at refereeing.

None of these guys. Think white hair that bounces up and down when he runs. Not balding. And he sucks at refereeing.
How about this guy Brian O'Connell. This is an old picture and he is pretty white now. Doesn't do a lot of Big East games but he did our game vs Yukon this year. Not very controversial.

Here is a newer photo:

th