Here are your 16th Annual IGGY AWARD winners!!! | Syracusefan.com

Here are your 16th Annual IGGY AWARD winners!!!

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
The IGGY COMMITTEE had their annual meeting last night expecting more games to be played, but unfortunately, had to reconvene this morning to choose the IGGY AWARD winners. Very bittersweet. Just like the season. No sense rehashing all the highs and lows, but based on the IGGY AWARD selections, many fans were bullish on the season. No dance, no celebrating, no consolation prize and no parting gifts. Now, it's not even "Wait until next year", it's just being a part of the worst of college basketball and determining who will fill out our roster next year, so we can once again have high hopes that Syracuse basketball can return to the glory days. Anyways, let's give out a few trophies.

Here were your categories:

1) ACC RECORD. We are scheduled for 20 regular season games.
2) OUT OF CONFERENCE RECORD. We are scheduled for eleven out of conference games.
3) ACC TOURNAMENT RECORD. We could play anywhere from one to five games.
4) NCAA TOURNAMENT. First four play-in games do not count. If you do not feel we will make the NCAAT then put 0-0.
5) LEADING SCORER. List the player and average points per game.
6) LEADING REBOUNDER: List the players and rebounds per game.
7) WHO WILL MAKE THE MOST THREES THIS YEAR AND HOW MANY.
8) TIEBREAKER: WHO WILL AVERAGE THE SECOND MOST MINUTES PER GAME AND HOW MANY.

1) 11-9. We had about six people choose 11-9. The winner by way of the tiebreaker is Pfister1. Congrats to Pfister on winning the 1st IGGY AWARD of the season.

2) 9-2. Syracuse did well here, not counting the two losses by about 100 points. Again, we had like six people pick 9-2, and the winner by way of the tiebreaker again goes to Pfister1. Congrats on your second IGGY AWARD of the season. By the way, Pfister was the only contestant to correctly predict the first two categories, so people should take note of that for next season.

3) 0-1. This is hard to believe with Syracuse's history in the ACC that no one picked 0-1 for our ACC Tournament result. Like, I said, a lot of the picks were bullish. This made it very easy for the IGGY COMMITTEE, who will keep the trophy for next year.

4) 0-0. We had about eight people who thought we might miss the NCAA, including Bomber Orange who predicted a 1-1 record in the NIT. He was looking good....until he wasn't. So the next IGGY AWARD, by way of the tiebreaker, goes to Guy Fawkes. Congratulations.

5) Judah Mintz 18.8. This was close as a lot of people chose Judah, but only one predicted 18.8. So the next IGGY AWARD goes to Imdevo. Congratulations.

6) Maliq Brown 7.2. Many people chose Maliq. We also had a lot of picks for Naheem and Benny (who?). But two people chose Maliq with 7.2, so with the tiebreaker, CuseFaninVT, won over tptcuse. Congratulations.

7) Chris Bell 84. A lot of people chose Chris, but JT also had his share of fans. JJ was picked by a couple people and Benny and Kyle were chosen once each. The winner, who was closest to 84, with a selection of 79 was OttoinGrotto. Congratulations OiG!!! I'm sure your acceptance speech will be epic.

8) Judah 34.0. Most people chose JJ, most likely thinking that Judah was going to average the most minutes this season. A bunch of people also chose Benny and a couple people picked Maliq. But we had like five people pick Judah. So closest of the five people with a pick of 34.2, our final IGGY AWARD of the season goes to HogtownCuse.

The IGGY AWARD COMMITTEE would like to thank everyone who participated. Congrats again to all of the winners. Your names will now be officially entered in the official IGGY AWARD record books. Until next year, the IGGY AWARD COMMITTEE will now bid adieu.

We are smart.
Based on my IGGY results over the years...

1710853235922.gif

Based on my IGGY results over the years...

View attachment 238909
Same! Next year, I'm completely abandoning rational thought when I make my selections!!! I'm just going to poll my wife and daughter(who other than telling me to stop yelling at the TV during games), have no connection/knowledge of SU Hoops!!!

The IGGY COMMITTEE had their annual meeting last night expecting more games to be played, but unfortunately, had to reconvene this morning to choose the IGGY AWARD winners. Very bittersweet. Just like the season. No sense rehashing all the highs and lows, but based on the IGGY AWARD selections, many fans were bullish on the season. No dance, no celebrating, no consolation prize and no parting gifts. Now, it's not even "Wait until next year", it's just being a part of the worst of college basketball and determining who will fill out our roster next year, so we can once again have high hopes that Syracuse basketball can return to the glory days. Anyways, let's give out a few trophies.

Here were your categories:

1) ACC RECORD. We are scheduled for 20 regular season games.
2) OUT OF CONFERENCE RECORD. We are scheduled for eleven out of conference games.
3) ACC TOURNAMENT RECORD. We could play anywhere from one to five games.
4) NCAA TOURNAMENT. First four play-in games do not count. If you do not feel we will make the NCAAT then put 0-0.
5) LEADING SCORER. List the player and average points per game.
6) LEADING REBOUNDER: List the players and rebounds per game.
7) WHO WILL MAKE THE MOST THREES THIS YEAR AND HOW MANY.
8) TIEBREAKER: WHO WILL AVERAGE THE SECOND MOST MINUTES PER GAME AND HOW MANY.

1) 11-9. We had about six people choose 11-9. The winner by way of the tiebreaker is Pfister1. Congrats to Pfister on winning the 1st IGGY AWARD of the season.

2) 9-2. Syracuse did well here, not counting the two losses by about 100 points. Again, we had like six people pick 9-2, and the winner by way of the tiebreaker again goes to Pfister1. Congrats on your second IGGY AWARD of the season. By the way, Pfister was the only contestant to correctly predict the first two categories, so people should take note of that for next season.

3) 0-1. This is hard to believe with Syracuse's history in the ACC that no one picked 0-1 for our ACC Tournament result. Like, I said, a lot of the picks were bullish. This made it very easy for the IGGY COMMITTEE, who will keep the trophy for next year.

4) 0-0. We had about eight people who thought we might miss the NCAA, including Bomber Orange who predicted a 1-1 record in the NIT. He was looking good...until he wasn't. So the next IGGY AWARD, by way of the tiebreaker, goes to Guy Fawkes. Congratulations.

5) Judah Mintz 18.8. This was close as a lot of people chose Judah, but only one predicted 18.8. So the next IGGY AWARD goes to Imdevo. Congratulations.

6) Maliq Brown 7.2. Many people chose Maliq. We also had a lot of picks for Naheem and Benny (who?). But two people chose Maliq with 7.2, so with the tiebreaker, CuseFaninVT, won over tptcuse. Congratulations.

7) Chris Bell 84. A lot of people chose Chris, but JT also had his share of fans. JJ was picked by a couple people and Benny and Kyle were chosen once each. The winner, who was closest to 84, with a selection of 79 was OttoinGrotto. Congratulations OiG!!! I'm sure your acceptance speech will be epic.

8) Judah 34.0. Most people chose JJ, most likely thinking that Judah was going to average the most minutes this season. A bunch of people also chose Benny and a couple people picked Maliq. But we had like five people pick Judah. So closest of the five people with a pick of 34.2, our final IGGY AWARD of the season goes to HogtownCuse.

The IGGY AWARD COMMITTEE would like to thank everyone who participated. Congrats again to all of the winners. Your names will now be officially entered in the official IGGY AWARD record books. Until next year, the IGGY AWARD COMMITTEE will now bid adieu.
Many thanks to clifton for doing this again. Always enjoy it, even though I am terrible at it.

Congrats to all the winners. I believe I have updated everyone’s titles. If I screwed something up, please let me know ASAP.

And wait until next year!

Many thanks to clifton for doing this again. Always enjoy it, even though I am terrible at it.

Congrats to all the winners. I believe I have updated everyone’s titles. If I screwed something up, please let me know ASAP.

And wait until next year!
Thank you kind sir.

I mean no disrespect to the Committee, but...

Is it too late to opt out or decline my awards?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom