Here is an interesting question | Syracusefan.com

Here is an interesting question

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
What did Schiano and Golden know and when did they know it? Might be best for PSU to steer clear of them when they announce a new coach. They're best off getting someone that has never had any interaction with PSU as a player or coach.

Urban Meyer will be available, though he has been rumored to OSU. Gruden. The usual suspects.

What did Schiano and Golden know and when did they know it? Might be best for PSU to steer clear of them when they announce a new coach. They're best off getting someone that has never had any interaction with PSU as a player or coach.

I was thinking about this also. I think it's best that they go completely away from anybody who ever coached during the Sandusky era. Many have mentioned a guy like Tony Dungy who is probably has the most squeaky clean reputation in college football. I wouldn't be opposed to that if I were a Nit.

Dungy would be a terrible hire IMO. Great for the NFL, terrible for a big time college program.

Dungy would be a terrible hire IMO. Great for the NFL, terrible for a big time college program.

Disagree. The man is a great coach and penn state recruits itself anyway. Whoever it may be, they need a morally upstanding human being.

If by "morally upstanding" you mean "someone who would report child rape to the police" I think you're setting the bar pretty low.

Morally upstanding human being is where you start. At the end of the day PSU fans only care about wins and I don't think Dungy has the energy to keep a program like PSU competing at a high level on all levels; field, recruiting, and media.

Disagree. The man is a great coach and penn state recruits itself anyway. Whoever it may be, they need a morally upstanding human being.

Overrated HC IMO. Wouldn't work. I would try for Fitzgerald, in case he is sick of NW. Would Dantonio see PSU as a step up at this point?

Honestly if PSU clears house and gets rid of every FB coach, everyone involved in the AD, and everyone involved in the university admin, I think the program will be fine. Punish the AHs that were involved. Why take down the entire school and community as well?

Wonder if Marrone gets a phone call...