Here is some more ACC paranoia... | Syracusefan.com

Here is some more ACC paranoia...

cto

Administrator
Looking at the remaining schedule posted by Marsh, one thing jumped out at me: What two teams play the latest on the weekend ... and also have the longest flights to get home to get ready for the post season?

Yes. SU and BC... two comparative newbies... and the most "Yankee" of the bunch.

Coincidence? I think not.

(Thank goodness we have the double bye in the ACC tourney. Without it, that would be a tough turn-around).

Saturday 3-8

Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech 2:00 ESPN2
Wake Forest @ Miami 2:00 ESPN3
Pittsburgh @ Clemson 4:00 ESPN3
North Carolina @ Duke 9:00 ESPN

Sunday 3-9

Virginia @ Maryland 12:00 CBS
Syracuse @ Florida State 2:00 ESPN3 (ACC Network)
Boston College @ NC State 6:00 ESPNU

Last edited:
cto said:
Looking at the remaining schedule posted by Marsh, one thing jumped out at me: What two teams play the latest on the weekend ... and also have the longest flights to get home to get ready for the post season? Yes. SU and BC... two comparative newbies... and the most "Yankee" of the bunch. Coincidence? I bet not. (Thank goodness we have the double bye in the ACC tourney. Without it, that would be a tough turn-around). Saturday 3-8 Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech 2:00 ESPN2 Wake Forest @ Miami 2:00 ESPN3 Pittsburgh @ Clemson 4:00 ESPN3 North Carolina @ Duke 9:00 ESPN Sunday 3-9 Virginia @ Maryland 12:00 CBS Syracuse @ Florida State 2:00 ESPN3 (ACC Network) Boston College @ NC State 6:00 ESPNU

Absolutely no coincidence.

Looking at the remaining schedule posted by Marsh, one thing jumped out at me: What two teams play the latest on the weekend ... and also have the longest flights to get home to get ready for the post season?

Yes. SU and BC... two comparative newbies... and the most "Yankee" of the bunch.

Coincidence? I bet not.

(Thank goodness we have the double bye in the ACC tourney. Without it, that would be a tough turn-around).

Saturday 3-8

Sunday 3-9

I don't care if we play at 3am if we can just win...I'm can't take this losing!

Remember how happy we were about our home schedule when it was first released? (And I am still happy about it.) But boy, did it come with a price at the end!

OK. I'll make ya awll feel better about this. We played in Hawaii, made the trip home and then played Indiana a few days later. We were all worried about that back when. Easy peasy!!! And Fl. St. is another warm environment. Maybe a little beach time, and they will be all refreshed for the tourneys.

So Pitt was ignored in all this. Surprised that they were so nice to Maryland when they're on their way out. I guess they wanted us to join their conference just to kick us in the groin when we got here.

Notre Dame made out the best, having finished their regular season this past Monday.

So Pitt was ignored in all this. Surprised that they were so nice to Maryland when they're on their way out. I guess they wanted us to join their conference just to kick us in the groin when we got here.

They still got sent to Clemson. Granted, a day earlier but still can be attached to the theory.

And Fl. St. is another warm environment. Maybe a little beach time, and they will be all refreshed for the tourneys.

I know. They should have planned to keep the kids down in Florida for a little team retreat/team building. Let them warm up and avoid going back up north. Instead it's going to be a real short week with the Hardwood Club dinner on Monday night and then having to fly back down to North Carolina. Not a ton of time to regroup and prepare.

I bet that Beohiem and the Athletic Department won't complain too much about a trip to sunny FLA this time of year. Especially this cruel winter.

I bet that Beohiem and the Athletic Department won't complain too much about a trip to sunny FLA this time of year. Especially this cruel winter.
Yeh, it will be a fun beach trip. The team will arrive after dark on Saturday. Check into a hotel in the middle of nowhere, spend Sunday morning in a team meeting, leave for the arena at noon, and fly home right after the game. Aside from walking to and from the bus on Sunday, they won't even see the sun.

Hopefully, the team is a bit more focused and not concerned about this. We are a top 4 seed and have a double bye. I would never have imagined before or during the season , to no be a top 4 seed. They come back Sunday evening. When would they leave for the ACC tournament?

cto said:

Saturday 3-8

Sunday 3-9

The ACC is going to start having more rivalry games to end the regular season it came up at the last ACC meetings.
Expect Syracuse to end the season with one of Pittsburgh, Boston College, Louisville in the future.
I would expect the ACC to end the season with these basketball matchups
North Carolina-Duke
NC State-Wake Forest
Miami-Florida State
Clemson-Georgia Tech
Virginia-Virginia Tech
Syracuse-Louisville
Notre Dame-Pitt-BC(1 of them on a bye)

The ACC is going to start having more rivalry games to end the regular season it came up at the last ACC meetings.
Expect Syracuse to end the season with one of Pittsburgh, Boston College, Louisville in the future.
I would expect the ACC to end the season with these basketball matchups
North Carolina-Duke
NC State-Wake Forest
Miami-Florida State
Clemson-Georgia Tech
Virginia-Virginia Tech
Syracuse-Louisville
Notre Dame-Pitt-BC(1 of them on a bye)

Folks on our board said they would prefer to finish w/VPI rather than Louisville starting next year.

Folks on our board said they would prefer to finish w/VPI rather than Louisville starting next year.
Even with Louisville as annual home/home ending with VPI makes to much sense for it not the happen.
I think these 5 of the 7 ending matchups are locks
UNC-Duke
UVA-VPI
Wake-NC State
Georgia Tech-Clemson
Miami-Florida State
then the ACC would rotate the other 5, but what I said makes the most sense
Syracuse-Louisville
Boston College-Notre Dame-Pittsburgh one of them gets their bye at the end every year and the other 2 play.

Notre Dame made out the best, having finished their regular season this past Monday.

Was going to point this out, you think they would try and screw all of the new ACC schools, no?

I mean, BC has been in the league for nearly a decade. I'm going with coincidence.

Was going to point this out, you think they would try and screw all of the new ACC schools, no?

I mean, BC has been in the league for nearly a decade. I'm going with coincidence.
One of 5 teams is going to have a bye the last weekend every season from now on because the ACC has 15 teams. I wouldn't mind it being Syracuse every once in a while to get some rest for before the tournament.
One of Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Louisville will be off the last weekend, and then the other 4 will likely be the matchups as I predicted the other 10 ACC teams obvious finales.

Maryland didn't get home games vs Duke and UNC this year. That was the terps punishment

Reactions: cto
Maryland didn't get home games vs Duke and UNC this year. That was the terps punishment

That might have just been the way the schedule fell, if they had both at home last year.

That might have just been the way the schedule fell, if they had both at home last year.

They played both Duke and UNC home and away last year. That was in 12 team ACC

Even with Louisville as annual home/home ending with VPI makes to much sense for it not the happen.
I think these 5 of the 7 ending matchups are locks
UNC-Duke
UVA-VPI
Wake-NC State
Georgia Tech-Clemson
Miami-Florida State
then the ACC would rotate the other 5, but what I said makes the most sense
Syracuse-Louisville
Boston College-Notre Dame-Pittsburgh one of them gets their bye at the end every year and the other 2 play.
I'd rather have a rivalry game with Ville in December...when SU plays its best ball every year. Having these games the last date of the regular season hurts NCAAT seeding for the loser so it doesn't seem in the conference's best interest.

They played both Duke and UNC home and away last year. That was in 12 team ACC

Duke was their permanent home-and-home partner until this season (when it was switched to Pitt) and UNC was a rotational home-and-home for last year.

Saturday 3-8

Sunday 3-9

We won't play in the ACC tournament until Friday right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom