Here's a shocker | Syracusefan.com

Here's a shocker

GoSU96

Living Legend
Three kids from Bville. One from West Genny.

Two from JD and FM.

53 man roster and only one kid from WG, times have changed.

Three kids from Bville. One from West Genny.

Two from JD and FM.

53 man roster and only one kid from WG, times have changed.

Actually not that shocking, Syracuse hasnt had a lot of WG kids going on pretty much a decade now, and the few they did bring in outside of Galloway really struggled ie Barber. Good to see Donahue having such success.

Actually not that shocking, Syracuse hasnt had a lot of WG kids going on pretty much a decade now, and the few they did bring in outside of Galloway really struggled ie Barber. Good to see Donahue having such success.

How about Cometti? Desko? Fazio didn't play that much, but he was a Captain last year.

How about Cometti? Desko? Fazio didn't play that much, but he was a Captain last year.

Cometti was Albany committ who transferred his last two years to Syracuse, Desko was a coaches son who was going wherever his dad was and as I noted Barber and Fazio were role players at best. Them plus Galloway is pretty much the entire roster of WG kids the last 8-10 years.

Any idea what happened to that WG connection? Is there bad blood between HCJD and Messere?

Any idea what happened to that WG connection? Is there bad blood between HCJD and Messere?

4 kids out of WG went to D1 schools this year:
Army, Providence, Richmond, Binghamton.

Class of '14 has one commit headed to Cortland.

Class of '15 has Nick Mellen headed to SU, and that's it so far.

Maybe just a down period.

4 kids out of WG went to D1 schools this year:
Army, Providence, Richmond, Binghamton.

Class of '14 has one commit headed to Cortland.

Class of '15 has Nick Mellen headed to SU, and that's it so far.

Maybe just a down period.
Wow, that really is down, in terms of program destinations.

Wow, that really is down, in terms of program destinations.

As I noted above its honestly been that way for a decade plus, WG has a ton of team talent, from an individual standpoint they really dont have the top end talent they had in the 80's and first half of the 90's. Been that way for awhile now.

I believe they had a midfielder last year that could have gone D1 but decided to go to Clarkson Univ to play with his brother. Clarkson has at last 3 WG kids that I know of, all should be major role players this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom