Here's some fresh honey | Syracusefan.com

Here's some fresh honey

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Look for Smallwood to play CB if and when he gets here, his speed is not D1 for RB. Broyld is a difference maker who should be lined up perfectly to take over at QB two years hence, again with the same proviso as Tyree's.

jrussell.jpg
eiduoze.jpg

Millford teammates Jaron Russell 6-5 250 TE & Epken Iduoze 6-3 300 DL are looking hard at SU.

g26c2e2000000000000f3462247dfbff2c35eb9a01856939f90ad2de7f9.jpg

Jaron Russel Video (he's #44)

Jaron Russell video #2

P1010078.JPG

"Ekpen Iduoze- Very good size, good attitude and character, solid lineman prospect, excelled in one on ones and positional drills, pretty good technique"
Sports Recruiters

Take DT's any way you can find them, all star game kids blowing up, Cali JUCO's, under the radar/projected non quals from Detroit, and in the future prep school or NYC juco kids.

By DB, do you mean Safety? If he doesn't have RB speed, then I would assume that would mean he doesn't have CB speed either.

Thanks!

Iduoze has offers from Colorado, East Carolina, FIU and MAC schools per Scout/Alkire

good stuff thank you sir

By DB, do you mean Safety? If he doesn't have RB speed, then I would assume that would mean he doesn't have CB speed either.
Only quoting what I was told.

He's not big at all, so if he doesn't have great speed, what does he have?

He's not big at all, so if he doesn't have great speed, what does he have?

This was going to be my question as well.

All the JC reviews on Broyld seem to point to him being Nassibs successor. Spring and TC will be interesting in 2013.

Aren't Corners faster than RB's for the most part.

What about Hunt? If Broyld is the successor? Do we move him to another position?

Thanks for the nuggets OE. Was it the poster over on TOS who is Turner's uncle that said Russell was a sleeper and raw, but a great size/athletic combo? And gotta love going after another legit 300-pounder to help the rotation at DT. Like others, I think the Smallwood news is very strange. Not only have we only ever heard that Tyree's greatest asset was his breakaway speed, but since when do slow RBs get moved to CB? Just odd.

Thanks for the nuggets OE. Was it the poster over on TOS who is Turner's uncle that said Russell was a sleeper and raw, but a great size/athletic combo? And gotta love going after another legit 300-pounder to help the rotation at DT. Like others, I think the Smallwood news is very strange. Not only have we only ever heard that Tyree's greatest asset was his breakaway speed, but since when do slow RBs get moved to CB? Just odd.
Maybe he's being misjudged at this time because of ankle issues. The rest about him going to CB does sound strange but that's what was said.

What about Hunt? If Broyld is the successor? Do we move him to another position?

Not like I have seen these guys play more than a game or two each, but my gut reaction is, if Broyld can come even close to the competition as far as mechanics and mastering the playbook, his size and athleticism can't be overlooked.

The way I look at it, Hunt is a very good athlete with very good size. IMO the positions on defense that he would profile the best, Safety and LB, should be VERY deep by then. On offense, WR should be deep enough without him, and TE/H-back are undecided. So, as long as we can shore up the TE spot, I think Hunt brings more value to us as a capable back-up QB with a similar skill-set as Broyld, making it an easier transition for the rest of the offense if Broyld were to get injured. On the other hand, if Hunt beats out Broyld, you have a Great athlete with Great size in Ashton... in that case, you gotta find that kid a starting job wherever you have an opening and worry about someone else backing up Hunt at QB.

I for one am impressed with not only Hunt's abilities but character. I think when AB gets here it will be a fun match up to watch. I think it is going to be a great battle for that starting role.

Smallwood is not slow by any means. He may move to corner but speed is not the reason.

Too late to fully comment, but promise that I will tomorrow.

Look for Smallwood to play CB if and when he gets here, his speed is not D1 for RB. Broyld is a difference maker who should be lined up perfectly to take over at QB two years hence, again with the same proviso as Tyree's.

jrussell.jpg
eiduoze.jpg

Millford teammates Jaron Russell 6-5 250 TE & Epken Iduoze 6-3 300 DL are looking hard at SU.

g26c2e2000000000000f3462247dfbff2c35eb9a01856939f90ad2de7f9.jpg

Jaron Russel Video (he's #44)

Jaron Russell video #2

P1010078.JPG

"Ekpen Iduoze- Very good size, good attitude and character, solid lineman prospect, excelled in one on ones and positional drills, pretty good technique"
Sports Recruiters

Not sure where you get that on Smallwood. Not saying he won't be moved to CB, but feel he can definitely play D1 RB.

As I said previously about Broyld -- "man amongst boys" right now.

Here was what I said about Ekpen after I saw him at Milford game: "One other kid I did like that had a good motor on him was DT Ekpen Iduoze, about 6'2"335 (can lose weight) and high school in Harrisburg, PA. Colorado offered him in June. I know we don't have room for many if any more DTs given the pending commit by Haley and the open one for Jarron Jones, but if someone does back out he might be worth the effort." Good to see there is some interest there. Saw him at the game and think he is originally from NYC.

On Russell -- didn't know it at the time, but posted on him as well -- "Not sure of his name as he isn't on Milford's roster, but #88 is huge TE/WR who looks 6'6" and might be worth looking at."

On Jordan Tanner -- looked to really be enjoying himself. Saw him and a few other Milford kids chatting up some of the freshman girls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom