Here's the main difference between now and Atlantis... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here's the main difference between now and Atlantis...

mostly agree, but fwiw we rebounded pretty much evenly w/ g'town (actually had more O rebounds than them) and had single digit TO's that game as well - also shot > 80% from FT line... bottom line against GT was field goal %, specifically from Richardson/Lydon

We got crushed on the offensive boards though, we got 14 defensive rebounds and Gtown got 14 offensive rebounds. We did a very good job on the offensive glass (which we usually do), we had 18 and Gtown had 21 defensive rebounds.

Wisc and GT really made us pay inside. A&M had the one guy working the baseline hurting us, but we shot ourselves out of that problem. To me, Cooney has to play better period. It's obvious he's not going to sit unless he's badly injured, so his play must improve for Cuse to win against good teams. Too many bad shots. Too many trips in the lane without being able to finish. He at least usually knows when to pull up instead of getting the charge, but those 7-10 footers aren't falling either. I think we have enough guys who can score that Cooney does not need to shoot in volume. He needs to quit forcing the bad shots.

The pick and roll game is producing too much stagnation. The other three guys are not moving while the pick and roll is going on. Need to call play 2 or play 3 once in a while. (Do they exist?) Instead of picking with Coleman, pick with Lydon who can do something with the ball if he gets it back off the pick. I think the guards are reluctant to pass to Coleman on P&R anyway.

Wisc and GT really made us pay inside. A&M had the one guy working the baseline hurting us, but we shot ourselves out of that problem. To me, Cooney has to play better period. It's obvious he's not going to sit unless he's badly injured, so his play must improve for Cuse to win against good teams. Too many bad shots. Too many trips in the lane without being able to finish. He at least usually knows when to pull up instead of getting the charge, but those 7-10 footers aren't falling either. I think we have enough guys who can score that Cooney does not need to shoot in volume. He needs to quit forcing the bad shots.

The pick and roll game is producing too much stagnation. The other three guys are not moving while the pick and roll is going on. Need to call play 2 or play 3 once in a while. (Do they exist?) Instead of picking with Coleman, pick with Lydon who can do something with the ball if he gets it back off the pick. I think the guards are reluctant to pass to Coleman on P&R anyway.

Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom