Herm Harried | Syracusefan.com

Herm Harried

Apparently, Herms son who is the star player also is the class valedictorian. Awesome.

From Baltimore Sun

FB6522DB-673D-4EEF-873B-114ED266A3F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Apparently Herms son who is the star player also is the class Valedictorian, or at this point likely Valedictorian. Awesome.
Awesome!

I don't remember the specifics of a story from when Herman first took the job, I think around 98, but it went something like this. The school was real rough, and bball team was too. They basically told him "we don't even care if you win a game, just get the kids to behave, attend school, have some discipline, and bring something good to the school" He did all that, and got them deep in the state tournament (might have even one) his first year. A bunch of kids from the team made it to college who previously thought they had no shot. He's really done great things there.

I don't remember the specifics of a story from when Herman first took the job, I think around 98, but it went something like this. The school was real rough, and bball team was too. They basically told him "we don't even care if you win a game, just get the kids to behave, attend school, have some discipline, and bring something good to the school" He did all that, and got them deep in the state tournament (might have even one) his first year. A bunch of kids from the team made it to college who previously thought they had no shot. He's really done great things there.

That’s awesome. Herm was always one of my favorites as a kid. Still remember him getting playing time in the Tip-Off classic that we eventually lost to UNC with Pete Chilcut and a freshman named Rick Fox. Hated Rick Fox from that day forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom