Hey, anyone remember when this was an SU fan board? | Syracusefan.com

Hey, anyone remember when this was an SU fan board?

That was back when Syracuse played a game within the past 2 weeks.

You could tell in early February that this place was like a slingshot ready to let go. 25-0 built up a lot of pressure in the volcano to be released when some bad stuff started happening. Boy did it ever and of course the situation since 25-0 has been essentially catastrophic. There has not been one single positive event since that day. So I get why most fans around here think the world is crashing all around them. It sort of is. But Syracuse basketball will be fine. always has been.

I would just like to sit everyone on this board down and pound one word into their skulls over and over and over again:

PERSPECTIVE.

People should try having some now and then. There's so much negativity here lately it's absurd. Add to the fact that all people have been talking about is UConn, and it's doubly absurd. Yes, I realize UConn is in the title game, so they're worth being talked about. A little. I don't come here to read about UConn or what UConn fans are doing or thinking, however.

I would just like to sit everyone on this board down and pound one word into their skulls over and over and over again:

PERSPECTIVE.

People should try having some now and then. There's so much negativity here lately it's absurd. Add to the fact that all people have been talking about is UConn, and it's doubly absurd. Yes, I realize UConn is in the title game, so they're worth being talked about. A little. I don't come here to read about UConn or what UConn fans are doing or thinking, however.

I feel like many of us forget where Syracuse is actually located. It is in a state known for people who love to bitch and simply are not happy unless they are bitching. The idea that Syracuse fans should not be negative is hilarious because by our very nature New Yorkers are glass half empty kind of folks.

Maybe this board boils down to the difference between those fans from upstate NY and those from out of state. I don't know. :noidea:

I feel like many of us forget where Syracuse is actually located. It is in a state known for people who love to bitch and simply are not happy unless they are bitching. The idea that Syracuse fans should not be negative is hilarious because by our very nature New Yorkers are glass half empty kind of folks.

Maybe this board boils down to the difference between those fans from upstate NY and those from out of state. I don't know. :noidea:

How many of the bitchers are actually locals? Arrogant assumption I'd say. I can assume you are not local of course. Local is NY state? How many are under 40 and over 40? How many males vs females? How many left vs right handed? :rolleyes:

Maybe I over reacted to poor Guiness (my husband and son's favorite brew) but to this local, the negativity is crazy and actually immature. It's like Jekelish says - it lacks perspective and to me seems so drama driven, desperate and extremist. JB is either a saint or a sinner, the team wins a championship or its stinks. People get so out of balance when they raise their expectations - the difficulty of handling a consistently great program I guess. :) Woe be us.

Last edited:
And not a UConn board, or a place for people to bitch about how awful Syracuse is?

Those were the days.
All the UConn @sskissing is annoying. Those openly rooting for them? I can't comprehend it. I never rooted for them when we were both in the Big East - now that neither of us are, I certainly have no reason to now.

How many of the bitchers are actually locals? Arrogant assumption I'd say. I can assume you are not local of course. Local is NY state? How many are under 40 and over 40? How many males vs females? How many left vs right handed? :rolleyes:

I am a native upstate NY'er as I grew up south east of Rochester and most of my family is still there. So when I say we are negative and a glass half empty kind of folk I fully include myself in that group. There are exceptions to every rule but I don't think I am saying anything shocking. Hell JB is pretty much a classic upstate guy in temperament and I don't think anyone would call him an overly optimistic guy. Of course most of us who are half glass empty people prefer to call ourselves realists but that is really just making it sound nice.

Last edited:
I am a native upstate NY'er as I grew up south east of Rochester and most of my family is still there. So when I say we are negative and a glass half empty kind of folk I fully include myself in that group. There are exceptions to every rule but I don't think I am saying anything shocking. Hell JB is pretty much a classic upstate guy in temperament and I don't think anyone would call him an overly optimistic guy. Of course most of us who are half glass empty people prefer to call ourselves realists but that is really just making it sound nice.

What town?

All the UConn @sskissing is annoying. Those openly rooting for them? I can't comprehend it. I never rooted for them when we were both in the Big East - now that neither of us are, I certainly have no reason to now.

Don't sweat what you can't control. : )

What some call being a fan is pretty sad from what I can tell. Even if you think the situation is dire like anything in life that is when you must rally the most. Morning period aside which I concider fine but we are long paste that now.

What some call being a fan is pretty sad from what I can tell. Even if you think the situation is dire like anything in life that is when you must rally the most. Morning period aside which I concider fine but we are long paste that now.

Huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom