Hey Brent Axe and Emily what’s your name | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Brent Axe and Emily what’s your name

Dino said in the postgame that they gave Sean such limited rushes because of how Clemson was scheming him. They adapted from there. Imo they went overboard with only rushing him 5 times but it is what it is. Sean is clearly fine though.

That is such a crock … 5 carries for a RB cause of how they schemed him. LOL …

Dino said in the postgame that they gave Sean such limited rushes because of how Clemson was scheming him. They adapted from there. Imo they went overboard with only rushing him 5 times but it is what it is. Sean is clearly fine though.
They're not gonna say he's hurt because they need other teams to think he's ok so they can use him as a decoy. I have to believe the other teams' coaches aren't dumb enough to keep falling for it though.

Because of the supposed injuries does that increase eyes chances ST comes back next year? to try to put up numbers like last year for draft purposes? RBs generally don’t go high anyway.

Or does he see how under the new OC he has been deemphasized (whether it’s due to injuries or not), and sees that GS tends to keep the ball on like 75-80% of mesh plays, and decides to go to the draft (or worse, the portal)?

I only saw the 2nd half but 5 Carries for an AA RB is crazy- doesn’t matter what the defense is doing or who they - if it’s the 85 Bears you still have to give the ball to your best players. . If he can only handle that many Carrie’s because if injuries then he probably shouldn’t be playing - but as stated above, when he had the ball he seemed to be productive.

They're not gonna say he's hurt because they need other teams to think he's ok so they can use him as a decoy. I have to believe the other teams' coaches aren't dumb enough to keep falling for it though.
I don't know if this is true, but many of Shrader's designed runs were misdirection plays involving a fake handoff to Tucker moving one way and the run going the other.

imo our offensive staff folded. We looked almost Sterling Gilbert one dimensional in the 2nd until it was pretty much too late. Let the opponent and moment phase us.

If he’s hurt, you go with Allen or Price. Price has played years of cfb too.

Im not going to try to rationalize the offensive approach in the 2nd half.

On to Notre Dame.

I don't know if this is true, but many of Shrader's designed runs were misdirection plays involving a fake handoff to Tucker moving one way and the run going the other.
Oh yeah, they used that a lot. It just didn't work as well in the second half when Clemson realized Tucker wasn't going to get the ball.

imo our offensive staff folded. We looked almost Sterling Gilbert one dimensional in the 2nd until it was pretty much too late. Let the opponent and moment phase us.

If he’s hurt, you go with Allen or Price. Price has played years of cfb too.

Im not going to try to rationalize the offensive approach in the 2nd half.

On to Notre Dame.
I know I'm beating this drum a lot, but maybe Allen an Price just aren't good enough.

Because of the supposed injuries does that increase eyes chances ST comes back next year? to try to put up numbers like last year for draft purposes? RBs generally don’t go high anyway.

Or does he see how under the new OC he has been deemphasized (whether it’s due to injuries or not), and sees that GS tends to keep the ball on like 75-80% of mesh plays, and decides to go to the draft (or worse, the portal)?

I only saw the 2nd half but 5 Carries for an AA RB is crazy- doesn’t matter what the defense is doing or who they - if it’s the 85 Bears you still have to give the ball to your best players. . If he can only handle that many Carrie’s because if injuries then he probably shouldn’t be playing - but as stated above, when he had the ball he seemed to be productive.
Unless he drops like a rock, I expect him to go. It won't come out during the season, but NFL teams will know that he's played injured. They'll see that he's still been productive when used. It'll make sense to get payed and go somewhere that refs don't have incentive or incompetence to allow other teams to take cheap shots on him.

It's too bad we're not getting to see him at full strength for his last year. Feels a bit like we're getting cheated because we get a guy like this once every decade or two. It feels like Walter Reyes's senior year.

Wasn’t Allen the NJ player of the year? I think we’re just making up excuses for the offensive decisions made

Price is also a proven D1 commodity
At this point being the NJ player of the year is meaningless. We also had an elite 11 QB at one time. You never know how a guy is going to transition from high school to college. You have under recruited Tucker that is way better than his high school rating. Maybe Allen isn't ready yet. The few times I've seen him touch the ball this year, he hasn't looked like anything special. Maybe he will be, but the staff seems to think he isn't yet.

That doesn't even make sense. If they were shutting Tucker down then cool, adjust and don't feed him. But that wasn't the case at all. So we adjust?

Their DL has pinning their ears back the entire 2nd half. They overwhelmed our OL into penalties or QB pressures.

some of the issues is getting in lots of 2nd and 10 + and lack of p-lays in half two

At this point being the NJ player of the year is meaningless. We also had an elite 11 QB at one time. You never know how a guy is going to transition from high school to college. You have under recruited Tucker that is way better than his high school rating. Maybe Allen isn't ready yet. The few times I've seen him touch the ball this year, he hasn't looked like anything special. Maybe he will be, but the staff seems to think he isn't yet.
That QB’s now leading a top 15 team elsewhere. NJ POY and Allen’s talent coming in is nothing to sneeze at. I give Anae an A so far this season aside from yesterday. We gotta be able to make do with what we have. I am not buying that Allen and Price are not serviceable. If Price wasnt serviceable why would we take him in?

Tucker is not clearly fine. How often did you see him take himself out last year?

That QB’s now leading a top 15 team elsewhere. NJ POY and Allen’s talent coming in is nothing to sneeze at. I give Anae an A so far this season aside from yesterday. We gotta be able to make do with what we have. I am not buying that Allen and Price are not serviceable. If Price wasnt serviceable why would we take him in?
Yeah he's on a top 15 team as a senior. Not everybody is a stud as a freshman. We needed a RB, so we took Price because he was what we could get. If Price was serviceable, why is he not playing? Do you think the staff is just stubbornly not playing good players?

Yeah he's on a top 15 team as a senior. Not everybody is a stud as a freshman.
We put him in as a freshman when we needed to, and it brought a pretty momentous win vs UNC.

I really dont buy that Allen cant give us some carries, and I especially dont buy that Price cant.

Limited miles, he should go.

I agree Tucker is hurt and seems to have been “not right” all year.
BUT he averaged 10+ per carry so I don’t think health prevented him from getting more touches.

No doubt that Tucker is banged up a little bit but so is everyone at this time of the year. Him at 70-75% is still better than Allen who gets tossed around like a rag doll due to his size at this point in his career (he’ll surely be much stronger after a couple years in S&C program).

I’m sure the lack of use is due to combination of things and he’ll probably see quite a few more touches next week. He prob could have had 4-5 more runs but Garrett pulled it on RPO and this was responding to how Clemson was overplaying him.

I also think part of it is on Anae and that’s fair criticism. I’m extremely thankful for having Anae on our staff and am sure we will continue to benefit from him but one large criticism from UVA fans was lack of run game in his offense. Dino wasn’t going to throw anyone under the bus so stated lack of Tucker runs was due to how Clemson was defending us. I expect Dino and Anae to have some talks this week about keeping the running game a big part of our offense and refocus a little there. Remember this is a new coaching relationship they have just started so I expect us to keep it more balanced going forward as Dino seems to prefer.

We put him in as a freshman when we needed to, and it brought a pretty momentous win vs UNC.

I really dont buy that Allen cant give us some carries, and I especially dont buy that Price cant.
So tell me why they are not playing them?

Think Anae got outcoached by a better staff.

Either you find more ways to get Tucker the ball or you put in another player because your program’s star is too hurt to risk it.

My thought is we kept Tucker in to draw attention from Clemson’s D but they made adjustments, as usual, in the 2nd half.

Laquint is too small and weak right now, as for price not playing? Don’t get this at all based on what we’ve seen of him. Looks like a player to me. They must see something at practice they’re not liking which I can tell you what it is.

With limited hitting of the skill position players Allen looks like an all American out there in practice, so they think that translates to ACC football which it does not right now. He’s going to be great as with what Chris said strength and conditioning down the road. But not now.

Price on the other hand looks like a mini Tucker to me, for the life of me I don’t get it. Actually I do get it based on what I just said above, what is sad is that the coaches don’t see it.

The 100% price in spot duty would be better than a decoy Tucker and also maybe even a 50% Tucker the rest of the time when they do finally give him the ball.

Listen overall, lots to be happy about at 6-1, but being good gets you wanting more to maximize what you have at your disposal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom