Hey Brent Axe and Emily what’s your name | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Brent Axe and Emily what’s your name

Laquint is too small and weak right now, as for price not playing? Don’t get this at all based on what we’ve seen of him. Looks like a player to me. They must see something at practice they’re not liking which I can tell you what it is.

With limited hitting of the skill position players Allen looks like an all American out there in practice, so they think that translates to ACC football which it does not right now. He’s going to be great as with what Chris said strength and conditioning down the road. But not now.

Price on the other hand looks like a mini Tucker to me, for the life of me I don’t get it. Actually I do get it based on what I just said above, what is sad is that the coaches don’t see it.

The 100% price in spot duty would be better than a decoy Tucker and also maybe even a 50% Tucker the rest of the time when they do finally give him the ball.

Listen overall, lots to be happy about at 6-1, but being good gets you wanting more to maximize what you have at your disposal.
80% Tucker is better than most backs in CFB including our backups right now - and that’s still an elite player that has to be accounted for every play whether he gets the ball or not. Dabo specifically mentioned him post game.

Dino has a history of being vague on player health but now all of a sudden because he says Tucker is ok post game it means he’s 100%?

Whatever people.

Last edited:
Think Anae got outcoached by a better staff.

Either you find more ways to get Tucker the ball or you put in another player because your program’s star is too hurt to risk it.

My thought is we kept Tucker in to draw attention from Clemson’s D but they made adjustments, as usual, in the 2nd half.
Yeah, they clearly used him as a decoy. But when that wasn't working, they didn't feel like the other guys were good enough to do anything.

You didn't answer my question. If it is clear to you that the backups are both good players, why don't they play? Do you really think it's as simple as Anae was outcoached? Why haven't they played in the other games? Please don't refer to Wagner.

I hope putting Tucker in for the first drive in the second half against Wagner to get the SU single game rushing record was worth it. Perhaps we would have had a healthy Tucker to make the difference yesterday.

Laquint is too small and weak right now, as for price not playing? Don’t get this at all based on what we’ve seen of him. Looks like a player to me. They must see something at practice they’re not liking which I can tell you what it is.

With limited hitting of the skill position players Allen looks like an all American out there in practice, so they think that translates to ACC football which it does not right now. He’s going to be great as with what Chris said strength and conditioning down the road. But not now.

Price on the other hand looks like a mini Tucker to me, for the life of me I don’t get it. Actually I do get it based on what I just said above, what is sad is that the coaches don’t see it.

The 100% price in spot duty would be better than a decoy Tucker and also maybe even a 50% Tucker the rest of the time when they do finally give him the ball.

Listen overall, lots to be happy about at 6-1, but being good gets you wanting more to maximize what you have at your disposal.
I would like to think we have competent back ups. Have we ever had another time we didn't have one RB that could come in and be functional? A question for Dino's show this week should be about RB depth and why we don't have someone that can come in and be functional when other teams figure out Tucker isn't healthy enough to be more than a decoy.

I hope putting Tucker in for the first drive in the second half against Wagner to get the SU single game rushing record was worth it. Perhaps we would have had a healthy Tucker to make the difference yesterday.
Given how beat up he seems to be, he should have sat out that game entirely.

Yeah, they clearly used him as a decoy. But when that wasn't working, they didn't feel like the other guys were good enough to do anything.

You didn't answer my question. If it is clear to you that the backups are both good players, why don't they play? Do you really think it's as simple as Anae was outcoached? Why haven't they played in the other games? Please don't refer to Wagner.
The other games Tucker got at least 15 carries except 14 vs NCSU I believe.

We made ourselves fairly one dimensional yesterday.

Tucker was far more involved in our first 6 games.

If he’s hurt, and our other rb’s can’t contribute vs top 25 teams, then why the hell did he run so much vs Wagner?

I think it’s fair to say we just didnt answer Clemson’s adjustments.

im sure if he is on the call this week him and dino will have a talk
Nothing wrong with that comment. Dino has control over his program. Not the broadcast

The other games Tucker got at least 15 carries except 14 vs NCSU I believe.

We made ourselves fairly one dimensional yesterday.

Tucker was far more involved in our first 6 games.

If he’s hurt, and our other rb’s can’t contribute vs top 25 teams, then why the hell did he run so much vs Wagner?

I think it’s fair to say we just didnt answer Clemson’s adjustments.
We'll have to agree ro disagree. Asserting that Anae didn't know what needed to be done just doesn't make sense to me. It makes way more sense that we didn't have the guys to get it done. We have one playmaker at WR and Tucker is not Tucker right now. Even though he has had more carries in previous game, it has been nowhere near last year's load despite being in some close games, and it's been clear he has not been healthy. Despite that, they haven't used the other RBs to spell him for any significant time. When they've had to put Allen in, they haven't given him the ball.

I agree he shouldn't have played against Wagner.

It doesnt mean Dino won't be made aware of it
I’m sure he already has. There is no reason for him to do anything. I’d rather he focus on either scheming around an injured Tucker and focus on beating ND

I’m sure he already has. There is no reason for him to do anything. I’d rather he focus on either scheming around an injured Tucker and focus on beating ND
its not a big deal but Dino can tell sean off the record that tucker was a decoy

The fan in Sean might've taken over there.
I don't think so. I thiink it was more about not having your best player touching the ball for a significant part of the game against the best team we'll face. To anybody that knows this team, that just doesn't make sense without some sort of context to explain it.

I don't think so. I thiink it was more about not having your best player touching the ball for a significant part of the game against the best team we'll face. To anybody that knows this team, that just doesn't make sense without some sort of context to explain it.

I can see that.

It's sort of funny that posters here kept noticing Tucker taking himself out, etc and the booth never really addressed it (unless I missed it).

OburgOrange always getting mixed up with me haha

80% Tucker is better than most backs in CFB including our backups right now - and that’s still an elite player that has to be accounted for every play whether he gets the ball or not. Dabo specifically mentioned him post game.

Dino has a history of being vague on player health but now all of a sudden because says Tucker is ok post game it means he’s 100%?

Whatever people.
If indeed it is 80% give friggin 80% Tucker the ball more often! If he can’t understandably do it for 20 Carries then give 100% price a shot for gods sake.

If indeed it is 80% give friggin 80% Tucker the ball more often! If he can’t understandably do it for 20 Carries then give 100% price a shot for gods sake.

Tucker has looked off all season long. I get that they don't want to pound him. Can't we give him a dozen carries at least? He looked fine last week when he had 19 touches.

I do think part of the issue is Anae not wanted to run it much. Last game was the first time I have ever seen a team abandon the run up 11 on the road in the 2nd half.

How do you know what he has or does not have is related to that one play?
I don’t. But in my humble sports message board super non important opinion he had something before that game. It seems for a while (week 2) he’s playing with something.

I don’t. But in my humble sports message board super non important opinion he had something before that game. It seems for a while (week 2) he’s playing with something.
So his “injury” was not from the Wagner game is what you are saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom