Hey Mizzou ... I appreciate you | Syracusefan.com

Hey Mizzou ... I appreciate you

DomeStranger

All Conference
After the dust has settled I just want to give appreciation to the U of Mizzou ... a class act!

• We were desperate to fill this slot due to Big East defections and this game was our only opportunity to play an eleventh BCS opponent this year, thanks for helping us out and scheduling us.
  • You suspended your best player on your team for not being a student athlete ... I know it hurt your team and may have cost you the game, but it is very commendable. I would rather have 1 loss than tarnish my school's integrity and good name. Glad you agree.
  • You left the BigTexas league to escape the evil Texas warlords, a tough decision for a school that had to decide which side of the Mississippi it wanted to associate with. I think you made a fine choice and in the long run will appreciate picking the eastern side.
So many similarities between SU & Mizzou while watching the game and reading reports here. Opening the Welcome to the Jungle. Did the band play the same song our does when they get first downs? Their announcer sounding eerily like Mr Excitement, especially when he annocunes, "It's 3rd dooooown". Key jangling and pee troughs to boot! Both teams 5-5 and going to a different conference. If you look at the game stats. most of the stats are dead even up and down the board, not surprising this game was decided by 1 score. I could very well see the other side and be mouring this loss because we couldn't hold a lead and our DB's gave too much cushion and the refs suck again. It's almost like the Midwest version of SU we played.
Anyways ... I have new found respect for Missouri and I will root for them from here on out as I think they are a great school to root for, cool black unis makes that easy too! I wish them success in the SEC and hope they have a great season next year. This sounds weird as I hardly ever find myself liking a team from the Midwest ... but they are very different and much alike.

Maybe their coaching staff can learn to show respect and give credit to the winning team.

Sure was a lot of hardy har har :rolling: on the Mizzou sideline last night. Every time they showed their head coach everyone was laughing behind him...that is except the last 20 seconds of course. Didn't seem like there was much respect there...

Sure was a lot of hardy har har :rolling: on the Mizzou sideline last night. Every time they showed their head coach everyone was laughing behind him...that is except the last 20 seconds of course. Didn't seem like there was much respect there...
So I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I couldn't get over the fact that it seemed like a classic case of not taking Syracuse seriously and looking past us tithe next game.

I appreciate Mizzou as well. Just a quality job of gargling our collective balls last night.

Screw Mizzou. I don't ever say that stuff but them, their fans were such douche nozzles all week that they can go blow every goat they can find. Again.

Yup, they were yucking it up all night.

Ha.

After the dust has settled I just want to give appreciation to the U of Mizzou ... a class act!
Plus it gives us a barometer of our program's status. We'd have been a low mid tier SEC program this year. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom