High Level Picture based on Today's Bracket Matrix | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

High Level Picture based on Today's Bracket Matrix

The P5 still has a lot of clout on the selection committee. It's appears the only major conference not represented is the Big 12. So if you screw anyone, make it someone from the Big 12.

just like football

Lunardi just said he has us in but he joked as full disclosure, he's never right about Syracuse. But he felt our 6 top 50 wins would be enough

Made a slight change in the opening post. Was checking the current pod seeds on the matrix, and noted a few updates. It would be Rhode Island that would be the final in and no longer Illinois St.

What are the thoughts on #1 seeds?

Lunardi just said he has us in but he joked as full disclosure, he's never right about Syracuse. But he felt our 6 top 50 wins would be enough
He was just on and didn't have us as either first four in or first four out.

I'm not seeing those Iowa bad losses though. Just one. That game to Omaha. Or UN-Omaha, whatever school that is. Their road wins are better than ours. We have better wins generally than them. I get the argument though if one wants to say Iowa has a better resume. It's just so close but, for sure, they don't have those bad losses like we do. Just need to keep winning.

Memphis (110 RPI) and Nebraska (97 RPI) are bad losses for them. The real killer for us is that BC loss. Really bad loss, obviously.

Memphis (110 RPI) and Nebraska (97 RPI) are bad losses for them. The real killer for us is that BC loss. Really bad loss, obviously.

St. John's and UConn are worse than those two. I'm not even sure an RPI inside of 100 is 'bad.' Regardless, it's close between us and them. I can see the debate. I personally think we have a bit stronger resume but could still use more winning, obviously.

St. John's has beaten every Big East bubble team - Hall, PC, Marquette.

BC is the killer. We be beat BC, our RPI is probably a lot better and we'd be at 11-7 in the ACC. That game will haunt us. We can live with the 3 other OOC losses honestly.

Syracuse can beat any team in the country. Name 1 other bubble team that truly can do that.

Syracuse can beat any team in the country. Name 1 other bubble team that truly can do that.
Vanderbilt could give most teams a run for their money

St. John's and UConn are worse than those two. I'm not even sure an RPI inside of 100 is 'bad.' Regardless, it's close between us and them. I can see the debate. I personally think we have a bit stronger resume but could still use more winning, obviously.

The crazy thing is that Nebraska managed an RPI inside 100 with a 12-18 record. They are a very bad team. Much worse than their RPI indicates. 13th in the Big 10.

Should have isn't the same as did.

We should have beaten GTech at GTech and Louisville at home. We didn't though.

OK.

Winning at Baylor, at Oklahoma St, losing by 2 at Kansas, shows the ability to beat anyone just as much as

Winning vs Duke, vs Virginia, vs Florida St, losing in OT vs Louisville,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom