High school coach fired for saying 'Bama recruiting unethical | Syracusefan.com

High school coach fired for saying 'Bama recruiting unethical

Could be, but he'd better keep that a secret. There's a special hatred for 'Bama in Louisiana.
They also don't like Auburn either. I learned that when I went to the Sugar Bowl. Survived many Hurricanes in that 10 day span
good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry, but I don't agree with the ban by the coach. He shouldn't be controlling, massaging, or directing students potential offers. He surely can provide his opinion to this players, but it's not his place to tell them who they can see and who they can't.

That's funny. Fired for insubordination for not checking with the principal first for something he did 4 years ago before the principal was even at the school! And then the principal says its because of the "bad publicity." Something tells me that this principal is about to find out what bad publicity really is.

Sorry, but I don't agree with the ban by the coach. He shouldn't be controlling, massaging, or directing students potential offers. He surely can provide his opinion to this players, but it's not his place to tell them who they can see and who they can't.
If Bama lied to one of his players in the past then I have no problem with it.

If Bama lied to one of his players in the past then I have no problem with it.

If we held to that standard, every coach from every college would be banned from every high school.

If we held to that standard, every coach from every college would be banned from every high school.
Maybe they should be. They can go to games, watch film and review transcripts. Why do they need to visit the kids at their school during the school day offseason? They don't. They want to, but they don't need to. And they obviously don't care at all about academics or they wouldn't ask for Jimmy to be let out of math class so he can come talk to him.

Maybe they should be. They can go to games, watch film and review transcripts. Why do they need to visit the kids at their school during the school day offseason? They don't. They want to, but they don't need to. And they obviously don't care at all about academics or they wouldn't ask for Jimmy to be let out of math class so he can come talk to him.
54927135.jpg

Nickerson: Djordjevic! I'd like to talk to you.

Steff: We got nothing to talk about.

Nickerson: Then where are you going?

Steff: Where am I going?

Nickerson: Yeah.

Steff: No place, man. I mean, uh, Shadow, he's going to West Virginia. He just found out tonight. And, Tank's going to Furman. You knew that already. And you're going to Cal Poly. And Mouse, Mouse is going to college, he's gonna play ball. Me, I'm just gonna hang out here, I don't know, ya know? Hey, Nickerson, you lied about me. You blackballed me. "Together." Remember that? "Together. Together. Together." That was all just bullshit.

Nickerson: What?

Steff: You're full of , man. You just sit there in your office. A scholarship here, no scholarship there. He goes. He stays. Who in the hell gave you that power? You're just a coach. You're just a high school football coach. I mean, I don't know. What, what, I don't know.

[prepares to run off]

Steff: You know, Nickerson, you are not God! Huh? You're just a typing teacher!

[runs off]

Steff: You're not God, Nickerson. You're just a typing teacher.