High School Offensive Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

High School Offensive Recruiting

HRE Otto IV

All American
Is Dino our worst recruiter of O HS talent of all time? Obviously Ben, Mac, P were better. Maloney had some really good players. Shafer's skill guys blow away Dino's. Marrone's skill guys might be slightly worse but his OL blows Dino's away. I would say that GRob's skill guys are better than Dino's and OL too. So is he the worst?

Dino and his staff have been really bad at evaluating HS O talent. You can count the number of quality O players on one hand. That is combined over 8 years. He should get credit for recruiting on the D side of the ball. We have done well there. But it is amazing how bad we have been on the O side.

QBs
No one he has brought in has been any decent. Even the guys he missed out on have not been good at the programs they chose over SU.

RBs (Jordan, Tucker, Allen)
He has had success here. I do wish he would have more depth. Teams today are playing 2-3 guys while Dino has put all his eggs into one basket every year.

WR/TE (Riley, Taj, OG)
He had Taj which didn't end well. OG has been a good find as a hybrid WR/TE. The rest of the players are not even ACC level.

Edit: I forgot Riley. Maybe you can count Nykeim. He had one good year here and another at Kent State.

OL (Bergeron)
He found Bergeron, so he gets credit for that. Everyone else has been pretty bad. So much so that a good amount of or OL ends up being cast off transfers from other programs.

Last edited:
His classes rank at the bottom of the ACC, or close to it, year after year. That speaks for itself.