Hima | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hima

Not smart of Joe, but it’s not even in the top 10 things that we did that was dumb. It’s worse than it was because it went right to the guy. It goes off someone’s leg and he was a hero.

I watched the replay again and everyone besides him were heading away from the basket to our offensive end of the court. I'm not sure what the team was doing there. You need the ball before you can play offense.

I watched the replay again and everyone besides him were heading away from the basket to our offensive end of the court. I'm not sure what the team was doing there. You need the ball before you can play offense.
I didn’t even know what happened at the game. Saw a scrum for the ball, thought it was out of bounds and then all of a sudden UNC guy has it for a layup. Huh?

Boxing out and grabbing a rebound should not be too much for a backup center. The fact that Girard is getting more heat for going after the ball that was off of him is a bit ridiculous to me. This is two years in a row we have either lost or gone into OT because we couldn't grab a damn free throw rebound.
Thats fair but ultimately I just don’t think this team understands situational basketball or has any idea what to do under 2 mins left in a close game. We’re young and look it but a part of thats on coaching too. The efforts there from the players but obviously there’s “the plan” and what actually happens. They gotta work harder and be on the same page.

Both plays never should have happened if he boxed out and grabbed the ball before that. He was awful
last night subbing for Jesse.
Keep your hands up and the ball never hits you in the face.

Point of the post is to be ready.
Hima was Hima. Why we put ourselves in positions where we rely on him with the ball is beyond me. Joe should have never gone for that ball.

Jesse was a bigger concern last night imo. He forces too many bad shots and doesn’t take advantage of mismatches. He’s still a work in progress.
Jesse really lets his weight disadvantage affect his game.

And last night he played a bit 'small', gathering himself on moves to the hoop, as opposed to staying tall and pivoting.

At this point in his career he should know how to stay upright against players like Bacot.

& the other dude. They torched us for what? 18 each?

Bacot and Jesse both can come back next year. You want to make a bet who has a better chance of coming back?
Jesse is almost 23.
His parents are coming for Senior Day.

So, you're guessing that Bacot will be back?

What do people expect he was a backup at Duquesne, not Duke. Kid has great potential, size etc. but it's goign to take time and he is a different player than Jesse. Not sure Peter Carey is more advanced. Blame the coaches for not having 2 Centers that are ready right now. Kid will be solid for us long term.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom