Hmmm Now the B12 Might Add Both | Syracusefan.com

Hmmm Now the B12 Might Add Both

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
http://forums.At their request, thi...from this site./mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=8155247

So if the BE is down to UConn, Rutgirls, Cincy and USF...what happens?

11 makes sense...as it leaves a spot for ND

they should, get to 12 with Mizzu, if they leave which they most likely will, one last call to BYU, if not Cinci...

Rutgers and UCONN can suck it. ND is on the clock and then the chips can fall where they may.

they should, get to 12 with Mizzu, if they leave which they most likely will, one last call to BYU, if not Cinci...

Rutgers and UCONN can suck it. ND is on the clock and then the chips can fall where they may.

No way ND goes to the Big 12...it is B10 or ACC.

11 might be better for everyone. Having 11 teams means 55 FB games playing a full round robin 10 game schedule. That is 10 extra games a year vs a 10 team conf and will add a lot of value to their TV contract. It also keeps Texas happy as they won't have to possibly play OU twice in a year.

Then they go for ND in all but FB. If ND says yes then they have a 12 team BBall conf.

No way ND goes to the Big 12...it is B10 or ACC.
Yup, Irish alums/fans are few and far between in texas, oklahoma compared to in the Great Lakes and east coast.

Big 12 can't take both right now. King OttoIII is right, Texas doesn't want to have to play a championship game and face Oklahoma twice a year. Big 12 is at 10 right now. aTm leaves and TCU fills their spot, so still at 10 next year. Mizzou leaves and they need one to replace -- WVU or Louisville. Mizzou may decide to stay. If Big 12 adds both WVU and Louisville and MIzzou stays, the conference is at 12 and bingo, time for a championship game. Texas wouldn't take the extra money it would get in exchange for having to play Okie twice in a year. More importantly, Big 12 wants to leave room for ND in the very unlikely event ND gets interested. Of course, Big 12 could add ND and another to go to 14 at that point, but we aren't there yet.

The Big 12 is still a mess.

Now OU is saying they know nothing about a conference network, since they want their own network, and don't want to share their Tier 3 rights with anyone else, just like Texas.

Any BE team that heads for the Big 12 is really jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

If the BE teams could really wait this thing out (never gonna happen) the Big 12 may still implode. OU hates Texas, and Texas hates OU. The rest of the conference are a bunch of pawns. If the pawns ever smartened up, they could still salvage something reasonable with the BE.

http://forums.At their request, thi...from this site./mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=8155247

What the Big East should do BEFORE anybody else leaves is add Memphis and the $100 million the head honcho at FedEx said he'd give to the BCS conference that added the Tigers. Then give the money to one of the following schools to join the BE in ALL sports for the next 5 to 10 years: ND, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Florida, LSU, Alabama. The BE needs a football power in the worst way, gotta make a bold move.

I'd also give $1 million each to the 7 BE basketball schools just to shut 'em up.

Marinara will screw anything up at this point and he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so he's just going to let all his top football teams leave. At the beginning of the whole realignment talks, I was pumped up and wanted the Big East to go out and make the conference stronger by making bold moves. The thought of Kansas, Kansas Stat, Baylor and TCU was exciting. The Big East would have jumped to 12 teams for football and had a championship game. The conference would have retained both Syracuse and Pitt and would have signed a substantial tv package. If he had balls, he would have jumped in head first like the ACC did to protect his league. Instead, he played the "I want to be fair with everyone and up front"...well, that doesn't work in sales or business when you are trying to build a quality product.

Why is no one talking about them forming a new conference? Yes, they'd lose their BCS bid, but that may be the only way to get something even remotely stable.

UConn
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Temple
South Florida
Central Florida
Memphis
Houston
SMU
East Carolina

Why is no one talking about them forming a new conference? Yes, they'd lose their BCS bid, but that may be the only way to get something even remotely stable.

UConn
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Temple
South Florida
Central Florida
Memphis
Houston
SMU
East Carolina

I have a great name for the new conference: C-USA

Actually it would be a great conference...it reminds me of a slightly better C-USA in the early 00's. Still short of BCS quality but the winner goes undefeated should get the Boise Bid.

I have a great name for the new conference: C-USA

Actually it would be a great conference...it reminds me of a slightly better C-USA in the early 00's. Still short of BCS quality but the winner goes undefeated should get the Boise Bid.

I prefer 'The Left-Behind Conference'

or add Troy and go with the always great 'Sun Beast Conference'

What the Big East should do BEFORE anybody else leaves is add Memphis and the $100 million the head honcho at FedEx said he'd give to the BCS conference that added the Tigers. Then give the money to one of the following schools to join the BE in ALL sports for the next 5 to 10 years: ND, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Florida, LSU, Alabama. The BE needs a football power in the worst way, gotta make a bold move.

I'd also give $1 million each to the 7 BE basketball schools just to shut 'em up.
novel and out of the box idea...good thinking...nearly forgot about that $100,000,000.

Villanova could use it to put new bleachers in their high school stadium.

I think they add them both and this whole thing was a ploy to create a new Big 12 rivalry. When Mizzou leaves, they bring on Cincy. Create a little 3 team region.

When they get to 12, I wonder if they'll put Texas and OU in different divisions and have them be a crossover game.

I think they add them both and this whole thing was a ploy to create a new Big 12 rivalry. When Mizzou leaves, they bring on Cincy. Create a little 3 team region.

When they get to 12, I wonder if they'll put Texas and OU in different divisions and have them be a crossover game.

If they go to 12 I think the best thing for both Texas and OU would be divisions set up by cross over rivalries.

OU/Texas, KU/Baylor, Cincy/ISU
Okie St/Tech, K St/TCU, UL/WV

That almost guarantees Texas or OU in the CCG. And the other side you would expect at least one of those six to been good enough to be worthy of a CCG. Play division mates once, two cross over rivals (for instance OU would play Okie St/Texas Tech), then rotate 2 of the other 4.

If you were to split OU and Texas how would you do it? The five old Big 8 teams and WV vs the Texas schools and UL/Cincy?

If they go to 12 I think the best thing for both Texas and OU would be divisions set up by cross over rivalries.
I believe their preference would be for OU and Texas to be in the same division. That way they'd only meet once and the loser of the Red River Shootout could still limp into a BCS berth at 11-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom