Hofrichter | Syracusefan.com

Hofrichter

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
One of the best SU punting performances I've seen. 7 punts, zero returns. 2 punts downed at the 1 yd line (great effort by Scoop) & one each at the 6, 9, & 11. Also had a punt last week that would've stopped dead at the 1 had we not botched it. Averaging 46.3 on the year with 7/21 at least 50 yards. Kid is a weapon & has an NFL future.

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

Agree completely on Hofrichter. The kid is unbelievable and I'm glad were continuing our PunterU tradition. Now he just has to get in on the fakes.
Not sure The Hof is hurdling anyone but I guarantee he throws a pass before his time on The Hill is up.

One of the best SU punting performances I've seen. 7 punts, zero returns. 2 punts downed at the 1 yd line (great effort by Scoop) & one each at the 6, 9, & 11. Also had a punt last week that would've stopped dead at the 1 had we not botched it. Averaging 46.3 on the year with 7/21 at least 50 yards. Kid is a weapon & has an NFL future.

View attachment 110815
View attachment 110813
View attachment 110814
The future may be the 2018 NFL draft. I hope this isn't the case, but you never know.

Now, if we could just get Cole to stop handing out free 35 yard gift certificates on KOs, we'd really be in business. 3x in 2 games is inexcusable.
It's weird but him booming it through the end zone is net 10 yards. It's almost irrelevant with all the changes to kickoffs. Used to be a 20 yard diff

It's weird but him booming it through the end zone is net 10 yards. It's almost irrelevant with all the changes to kickoffs. Used to be a 20 yard diff
True. But there's always a chance the team unwisely attempts a return like LSU did from 5 yds deep in the endzone & only reached the 18. I'd be comfortable with booming it, conceding the 25, & trusting your coverage team just in case each time.

Now, if we could just get Cole to stop handing out free 35 yard gift certificates on KOs, we'd really be in business. 3x in 2 games is inexcusable.

I have no idea what type of kickoff they called and if Cole just mishits them, but we do have a kickoff that is tried to be made into the corner of the field short of the goal line where we try to pin them back there. We used to do that with Krautman a lot but it wasn't always successful then either. It's a tough kick and if we are trying to do that, maybe we shouldn't because we aren't having any success with it.

The future may be the 2018 NFL draft. I hope this isn't the case, but you never know.
I'd be shocked. He's a very good student whom I'd expect to stay & have grad school paid for. Not sure on punters but I remember that FSU's Roberto Aguayo was the 1st K in 16 years to declare early. A quick search reveals that Clemson's P left early last year & was drafted but it almost never happens. Certainly different from other positions where "life span" & career longevity/earning potential are major factors.

I'd be shocked. He's a very good student whom I'd expect to stay & have grad school paid for. Not sure on punters but I remember that FSU's Roberto Aguayo was the 1st K in 16 years to declare early. A quick search reveals that Clemson's P left early last year & was drafted but it almost never happens. Certainly different from other positions where "life span" & "career longevity/earning potential" are major factors.
I hope you are right. Thanks for the information. He was definitely an MVP last night. No safety if it were not for him.

I have no idea what type of kickoff they called and if Cole just mishits them, but we do have a kickoff that is tried to be made into the corner of the field short of the goal line where we try to pin them back there. We used to do that with Krautman a lot but it wasn't always successful then either. It's a tough kick and if we are trying to do that, maybe we shouldn't because we aren't having any success with it.
Yep. The staffs have obviously changed but KOs going out of bounds have been a regular problem for some time. I watch a ton of CFB and am confident that we're well above the average on those the last 5 years.

Yep. The staffs have obviously changed but KOs going out of bounds have been a regular problem for some time. I watch a ton of CFB and am confident that we're well above the average on those the last 5 years.
I don't disagree. It's almost inexplicable

The kid was nothing short of amazing last night - as good a punting performance as I have ever seen.

Wow.

It was a remarkable performance.

Once again our punter is the best player on our team.

He is awesome but saying he is the best player on the team is unfair to the underrated talent we do have. Best pro prospect? Yes.

punter was the only SU player drafted (round 7) 2016. not so unusual. for us anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom