Hold it | Syracusefan.com

Hold it

D

dash-30-dash

this is not the same thing as Penn state. One, there was no eye witness. The accuser says he didn't tell JB. There was no grand jury. Right now, we either have someone falsely accused or someone who is guilt and needs to be fired and tried for his crimes. We haven't seen any cover up like we are seeing at penn State.

yet

we do not know what the universities investigation revealed

this is not the same thing as Penn state. One, there was no eye witness. The accuser says he didn't tell JB. There was no grand jury. Right now, we either have someone falsely accused or someone who is guilt and needs to be fired and tried for his crimes. We haven't seen any cover up like we are seeing at penn State.

But the report stats JB walked in a hotel room and saw the kid lying on Fine's bed. IF TRUE...smoking gun right there!

But the report stats JB walked in a hotel room and saw the kid lying on Fine's bed. IF TRUE...smoking gun right there!

That is a bit of a reach imo.

something just doesnt smell right with this.

Not Fine's bed. Never was specifically Fine's bed.

No it's not. As was already said, there isn't much room in hotel bedrooms. Lying on a bed means nothing. In hindsight, sure.

He wasn't naked. And they didn't say Fine's bed. I'm not defending the guy or the program. But don't distort the facts.

yet

we do not know what the universities investigation revealed
This is Syracuse University.....they haven't exactly given extreme protection to the basketball team in the last decade.

Devo suspension, Scoop suspension...there are others I'm forgetting right now.

There's the football side too. Delone Carter suspension.

Basically, Syracuse has shown the ability to discipline its own before, over relatively minor events. I find it hard to believe that they would turn a blind eye to child molestation "to protect the program". No chance that is happening, especially on Cantor's watch.

That is a bit of a reach imo.

Not at all. It's McQueery all over. You see something odd and do nothing. Maybe not tot he extreme level of MCQueery but he saw something out of the norm.

Not at all. It's McQueery all over. You see something odd and do nothing. Maybe not tot he extreme level of MCQueery but he saw something out of the norm.
So you've never seen someone lying on a bed in a hotel room?

I hate to break it to you, but that's all that basketball players do when they go on road trips.

something just doesnt smell right with this.

I agree. It doesn't feel like PSU. I hope the alleged victims get or have received whatever help they need to have semblance of a normal life if true. I also want to have faith that SU really investigated this.

He didn't see him ing a kid in the hotel.

So you've never seen someone lying on a bed in a hotel room?

I hate to break it to you, but that's all that basketball players do when they go on road trips.

A kid on a grown mans bed who isn't a family member, no.

And this was a KID not a player. A ball boy.

A reach maybe, but could this guy have gotten an idea after this slightly facetious post regarding JB's comments about Paterno?

"This interviewer did an awful job. He never asked the most important and only relevant question to ask a legendary longtime college coach like Boeheim:​

"How well do you really know Bernie?"​

you can't be seriously comparing McQueery walking in on a ass rape and jb waliking in to a room with a fully clothed kid lying on a bed. You can't be.

How can you say that? The PSU guy caught them in the act. The kid was in the room. Schwarz said Fine acted like a father towards this kid. Boeheim was suspicious. But what human being would accuse anyone of sexual abuse without anything to back it up?

If my math is right - he was 19 when he would have been seen on the bed (in NO) - that's really not that odd considering its a basketball road trip and it's one of the places to sit in a small hotel room.

A kid on a grown mans bed who isn't a family member, no.

And this was a KID not a player. A ball boy.
It's a person like you that is a defense attorney's dream juror. Willing to put 2 + 2 together until they equal 100.

I guess the kid was just supposed to sit up right all day long in an uncomfortable hotel room desk chair...where he can't see the TV.

I know every time I go to a hotel, I lay on the bed an watch TV. It's a typical thing to do in a small hotel room.

He wasn't naked. And they didn't say Fine's bed. I'm not defending the guy or the program. But don't distort the facts.
From the ESPN story:

He said that Boeheim knew he was traveling on the road and sleeping in Fine's room.
"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."

From the ESPN story:

He said that Boeheim knew he was traveling on the road and sleeping in Fine's room.
"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."

That's the part I've been struggling with.

But would any grown man with a long-standing relationship with another grown man accuse him of a bad relationship with a kid without proof?

But still, why the F didn't JB say or do anything?

It's a person like you that is a defense attorney's dream juror. Willing to put 2 + 2 together until they equal 100.

I guess the kid was just supposed to sit up right all day long in an uncomfortable hotel room desk chair...where he can't see the TV.

I know every time I go to a hotel, I lay on the bed an watch TV. It's a typical thing to do in a small hotel room.

You went to lots of hotel rooms as a kid with strangers and laid on their beds? Great parents you had.

You went to lots of hotel rooms as a kid with strangers and laid on their beds? Great parents you had.

It sounded like this kid came from a single parent home. That's more bad news.

Keep twisting, that's what you seem to like to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom