Hold it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hold it

Keep twisting, that's what you seem to like to do.
Not twisting at all. Just responding to the ESPN article. That's what its claiming. I'm sorry if you don't like it. But if you don't find it ODD that a child goes to a strangers hotel room and lays on his bed. Then another adult (JB) walks in and does nothing...that's odd! That isn't normal. The kid doesn't have to be naked or doing sexual acts. It's just odd. No adult should be sitting on a bed with a kid in it that isn't his own.

the kid wasn't a stranger to Fine. That's the point. It appears he was living at fine's house. Why would you find it odd that someone who lived at someone's house, with his wife and family, would be in a hotel room with that person?

the kid wasn't a stranger to Fine. That's the point. It appears he was living at fine's house. Why would you find it odd that someone who lived at someone's house, with his wife and family, would be in a hotel room with that person?

Spin this anyway you want, its not NORMAL for a grown man to be spending this much time with a child. I'm sorry, its odd. He didn't adopt the kid ok.

From the ESPN story:

He said that Boeheim knew he was traveling on the road and sleeping in Fine's room.
"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."

That's a pretty damning quote. But if it's true that the kid was 19, it does change the image.

Should be noted that Tim Welsh was on at halftime of the UConn game and said that he was Bernie's roommate on the road for his entire tenure and never saw anything ever like that.

Why is a ball boy going on road trips? Are there any travel records from the years in question? The saving grace here may be that both the city police and the University investigated the allegation separately and neither found any evidence.

Why is a ball boy going on road trips? Are there any travel records from the years in question? The saving grace here may be that both the city police and the University investigated the allegation separately and neither found any evidence.

Not to mention ESPN and the Post Standard. Say that Syracuse PD covered it up due to Duval or whatever, would ESPN not be all in for that story back then? If they did their own investigation there's no reason for them to not run with it if they had facts/evidence/corroboration.

Uggh. Tim Welch just said that Bernie was with his wife and kids when SU went to the NCAA's when he was an assistant at SU and that he was Bernie's roommate on all the roadtrips. He said he was absolutely shocked at any allegation of abuse and he never heard nor saw anything askew. A huge wow.

I'm starting think Bernie Fine was probably guilty but who knows. I doubt JB thought anything of the sorts was going on. If Bernie was in any way a Dad like figure to the kid who was also a ball boy I would think nothing of anyone laying on a bed in a hotel room they shared. JB always has a scowl on his face and Nothing I have read makes me think JB knew of any of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom