Holiday hoops tourneys on today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holiday hoops tourneys on today

We softened Colgate up for Duquesne. Or else their arms were tired from shooting open threes against us.

They still shot real good from 3. 40% and that includes missing the last 2 or 3 in the closing seconds. Duquesne won because they hit 3s like crazy them selves hitting 46%. What they also did was minimize the number of 3s Colgate took. 25 tonight. 38 against us.

Richardson’s 3 point attempts by game:

2/6
3/7
2/4
7/11
2/4

We’re just so darn unlucky that he decided to shoot a lot against us, and we happened to be the one game where he made most of them. That’s it….just darn bad luck!

I was just thinking the same thing. Staying in the passive zone for 30+ minutes was really an awful decision. It made things so easy for them. Our man wasn’t great but the zone was beyond pitiful. Bad decision by Jimmy and everyone but him saw it.

Cuse

I was just thinking the same thing. Staying in the passive zone for 30+ minutes was really an awful decision. It made things so easy for them. Our man wasn’t great but the zone was beyond pitiful. Bad decision by Jimmy and everyone but him saw it.

Cuse
Letting a good and hot shooter set his feet and shoot from where he wants to shoot from is just a really bad decision.

Would be a good win for the ACC

Yep if UVA wins that’s good for the ACC. We play them twice and based on what I am seeing (and saw from us) it won’t be pretty but both games could be Quad 1 chances since they are real good. They also play real good defense and can only imagine our offense against them. UVA up 17!

Has to go down as top 5 poor coaching days for JB. It was sophomoric.
Last year’s Georgetown game is also in the top 5.

Not a good trend…

They still shot real good from 3. 40% and that includes missing the last 2 or 3 in the closing seconds. Duquesne won because they hit 3s like crazy them selves hitting 46%. What they also did was minimize the number of 3s Colgate took. 25 tonight. 38 against us.
Which is why it was crazy for JB to stick with the zone the entire game after the first 5 minutes. He is so stubborn.

Which is why it was crazy for JB to stick with the zone the entire game after the first 5 minutes. He is so stubborn.

I don’t know what defense Duquesne used but I assume it was m2m and just tried to deny taking so many the 3s.

Dang I was rooting for Baylor and want to see Mayer play his old team in the final. I guess I'll root for UCLA even though we want Illinois to be as highly ranked as possible.

Can't believe Baylor let that dude transfer.

ND played 4 guys 38-40 minutes. Only played 6 guys.

4 guards in the starting lineup.

Yeah they have 2 guards that have better stats than Ryan and Starling. 1 star big. Fun team their bests teams are always built like that. Lipscomb beat Belmont the other night the A Sun always has a couple good squads.

VT looked good earlier. ACC is going to be tough I'm not even sure we can handle Pitt or BC. Louisville and FSU might get their act together enough to beat us too.

Yep if UVA wins that’s good for the ACC. We play them twice and based on what I am seeing (and saw from us) it won’t be pretty but both games could be Quad 1 chances since they are real good. They also play real good defense and can only imagine our offense against them. UVA up 17!
I cannot think of Quad anything games after that debacle Tuesday. I'll take a Quad 14 win at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom