Holy Crap | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Crap

Kaleb and McCullough in the game at the same time is our worst defensive team.

I didn't say play Joseph, but no reason G doesn't play at the top of the zone and our blue chip recruit doesn't play more.
I am tempted to agree w you, i would like to see more of TC, G, McC, TRob, Rak. I think its one of our better chances to be a good team but obviously JB thinks our zone sucks when TRob and McC are out there together. In the end i trust JBs judgement. JB liked the lineup of TC, RP, G, TRob, Rak most today. If we start getting killed on boards against the likes of Duk, UL, UNC will be interesting to see if JB puts McC and TRob on court more...

I don't know what you guys are all arguing about since this team clearly has a lot to work on to be solid 40 min team, I just don't see how one player in one position will make/break this team. However, I'm still blown away that Roberson had 17 rebounds. SEVENTEEN - that's insane.

I don't think either of then are honestly. G's running the point anyways just let him do it and give Roberson, and McCullough the minutes at the 3/4. Hell, throw BJ out there every once in awhile too.
I feel like JB doesn't like either roberson or chris anywhere near the wing offensively. It's hard for him to play either one of them at the 3.

Wow! That was frighteningly ugly. We almost wound up being the "turning the corner moment" on VT's season recap video.

Most disappointing is McCullough. What happened to him? Boeheim seems to have lost confidence in both of his freshmen. I've always had a problem with the quick hook because usually the guys playing more also have moments when they look equally hapless. The substitution pattern can often seem arbitrary and it has bitten us in the @ss at the end of the year when the grind of the season really starts to show for the guys on the floor and there's no second option. I'd like to hope that things are going to get significantly better for McCullough and Joseph but we generally haven't done a bang-up job of developing young players during the season unless they're force-fed minutes.

I agree with you about the "quick hooks". The hook usually depends on the player. For Rak's 1st 3 years any little mistake and he was out immediately. Last year I thought his game looked really good, but the continuous quick hooks destroyed his confidence. I just don't see how they have any positive impact in a players development, or outcome of the game?

Lol, yes I'm new.

How many corner 3s did G give up from his corner? How many times was a guy open from said corner?

Roberson and McCullough can play at the same time, there's no reason G can't play at the top of the zone with Cooney.
Not all open shots equal. Some guys are allowed open shots and encouraged to take them. JB is the original sabermatician in college basketball.

Hey, what did I miss? Win or loss? :)
Board meltdown is currently running at 98% and I get that we blew this one, nearly gave them the win. But, but, but, but we won.
Yay!
giphy.gif

What did I miss? I got blasted for being too positive in a thread that saw tee of all people call me out. Yikes.

[QUOTE="ORANGEsPHK, post: 1244914, member: 1072" However, I'm still blown away that Roberson had 17 rebounds. SEVENTEEN - that's insane.[/QUOTE]

It won't be the last time he does. If you paid attention to his senior year in HS, he comes by the rebounding skills honestly. Now that he understands (for the most part) where he is supposed to be in defense, his natural instincts are starting to take over, and the game is starting to slow down for him.

He is the best natural rebounder that SU has had in a long time. Not quite DC, but still very good.

two3zone said:
I didn't say play Joseph, but no reason G doesn't play at the top of the zone and our blue chip recruit doesn't play more.
I agree. I don't know why we never see that lineup

How many corner 3s did G give up from his corner? How many times was a guy open from said corner?
Yeah, G had some really bad stretches defensively.

I did laugh when G gave up two straight open looks on his side and looked completely clueless, and at the next whistle McCullough came out.

Joseph made a 360 lay-up once...must mean he's great. I just don't see the love affair with him. He is getting better but Is definitely not ready to be a point guard. He's pysically weak, out of position and lazy on D. Never in correct postion in the press break. He consistently throws weak passes. Can't bring up the ball against mid major token full court man d. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Can't say I disagree. I mean the proof is in the pudding now and it isn't like he is going against world beaters.

and what did you see from Kaleb on offense that was irreplaceable? He's going to a great PG, but he's not ready. Every time a defender comes within 5 feet of him, he picks up his dribble. He's not creating ball movement and he's not getting the ball inside.

While Patterson only had 3 assists, he had some great entry passes (some of which weren't converted) and he moved the ball well. Also, he's a much better defender. JB doesn't pull a player when he jacks a ill-advised three. He pulls players for defensive lapses. That should tell you what is more important to him on the court.

This is a BIG problem. I mean who does this as much as he does? He's supposed to be a high-major recruit. It bogs down the offense like you said and he could be exploiting and blowing by pressure, but, instead he invites it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom