Holy ing Irony... | Syracusefan.com

Holy ing Irony...

Jake

Mod
on the day that news breaks that Syracuse, a founding member of the big east conference, is leaving for the ACC --- Dave Gavitt dies.

Talk about bookending a story.

FWIW.. I'm hearing it'll be SU and Pitt with ND and Texas as members for all sports but FB. (I know, I know - here we go again).

FWIW.. I'm hearing it'll be SU and Pitt with ND and Texas as members for all sports but FB. (I know, I know - here we go again).
That... is a head scratcher.

What do they bring if not football?

Wow. That is ironic.

Please, please...no more hybrid, makeshift conferences. I thought we were throught with that.

Well, looks like RU and UConn to the Big 10 then. Can't see them sticking around in the BE.

Without football the only reason to grab them is to keep them away from the other conferences. It would be a good move if they were given time frame of eventual forced fball entrance as well.

Oh yes and very sad to hear about Gavitt! Best to his family and friends.

Yeah. Gavitt was the Big East. RIP.

You been on a long nap? LOL. That's been out for about 24 hours now. Stop walking the dog so much.

Well, looks like RU and UConn to the Big 10 then. Can't see them sticking around in the BE.

Ummm...You know they don't decide whether they go to the B1G, right?

Ummm...You know they don't decide whether they go to the B1G, right?

I know they don't decide. But I think it will happen. There is no more BE football. If there is, it will be a joke.

on the day that news breaks that Syracuse, a founding member of the big east conference, is leaving for the ACC --- Dave Gavitt dies.

Talk about bookending a story.

It's like the Godfather...make sure nothing happens while Dave Gavitt is still alive.

Pitino, dead. Schiano, dead. Geno, Pasqualoni...dead.

My Cuse flag is firmly planted in the soil and clay of Virginia right now. Let's see.