HOLY O.T. BATMAN!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

HOLY O.T. BATMAN!!!!!

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
Yanks just fleeced the out of the Mariners... goodbye Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi, but HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO Michael Pineda and Jose Campos!!! Great move by Cashman... and I don't even like the Yankees.

Yanks just fleeced the out of the Mariners... goodbye Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi, but HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO Michael Pineda and Jose Campos!!! Great move by Cashman... and I don't even like the Yankees.

Monteros going to be a stud but you gotta give something to get something...love pineda but whats campos deal never heard of him

Wait, isn't there a pro sports board already where this should be posted so that the thread wouldn't be OT? Indeed. There is a thread about this very topic called "Just a General Question" on the"Support, Suggestions" OT board. I know...better viewership here.

Monteros going to be a stud but you gotta give something to get something...love pineda but whats campos deal never heard of him

Campos is a young righty with the power to be a front-line pitcher and the makings of the curve and changeup to see that ceiling reached. Only 19-years old, I don't think it's a bad comparison to imagine Betances prior to the arm trouble that stalled his development.

Wait, isn't there a pro sports board already where this should be posted so that the thread wouldn't be OT? Indeed. There is a thread about this very topic called "Just a General Question" on the"Support, Suggestions" OT board. I know...better viewership here.

By all means, the Mods can feel free to move it to the Pro-Sports whenever they wish. But this is by far the most active board right now, it's a pretty big sports story, and I know that a lot of folks here are Yankee fans. So wanted to give them the low down before sending it to a far less viewed board.

But good job of Hall Monitoring, you wear that Orange sash well.

By all means, the Mods can feel free to move it to the Pro-Sports whenever they wish. But this is by far the most active board right now, it's a pretty big sports story, and I know that a lot of folks here are Yankee fans. So wanted to give them the low down before sending it to a far less viewed board.

I understand. It doesn't matter to me. Personally, I'm a big STL Cardinals fan. Therefore, I was very happy in October...until Albert decided to take his talents to LA. :(

Great trade. Campos might be better than Pineda. Only 19 right now.

Hahaha... and now Kuroda signs with them... Good job cementing yourself as the team to beat in the AL East NY.

Yankees fans have had Campos in their system for less than half an hour and they're already over-valuing him.

Great trade. Campos might be better than Pineda. Only 19 right now.

It's possible. From what I hear he doesn't have the command, power sinker, or polish of is secondary pitches, that Michael had. That said though, a lot of these scout types just want to sound smart. If he has the heater, has the breaking pitch, and has the ability to change speeds, there is no reason to say he can't be just as good or better. Not many "experts" wanted to put there money where their mouth was with Pineda either.

Yankees fans have had Campos in their system for less than half an hour and they're already over-valuing him.

Haha, well, I think you have to look at the fact that the last couple years, every "stud" pitching prospect they had faced major questions... but yet they were highly rated... so they just HAVE NO CLUE what to think in regards to this kid.

Its fine with me, as long as all Red Sox and Jets threads go on the OT board.

Hahaha... and now Kuroda signs with them... Good job cementing yourself as the team to beat in the AL East NY.

You can only go by potential. He is a very good prospect. Kids k's to inns is over 9 and he had an era in the low 2's.

I don't like giving up Montero. I'm afraid that one could come back to haunt us.

I love this trade. Exactly what the Yankees needed to do. Both are going to be great pitchers.

Now if they can just get someone to take AJ Burnett....

I don't like giving up Montero. I'm afraid that one could come back to haunt us.

Completely agree. Don't like giving up a stud catcher. Russel Martin was injury prone at LA and his one good injury free season may be nothing more than an anomaly. I wonder how good this looks if Martin goes down in July?

On top of that, I think you need Montero's stick. ARod's past his prime and swinging dead wood...Swisher disappeared in October...Gardner is hot/cold...Jeter's stick is suspect.

The only sure bats in the Yankees lineup are Granderson, Tex and Robi Cano. I guess you can add Martin to that list as well.

Completely agree. Don't like giving up a stud catcher. Russel Martin was injury prone at LA and his one good injury free season may be nothing more than an anomaly. I wonder how good this looks if Martin goes down in July?

On top of that, I think you need Montero's stick. ARod's past his prime and swinging dead wood...Swisher disappeared in October...Gardner is hot/cold...Jeter's stick is suspect.

The only sure bats in the Yankees lineup are Granderson, Tex and Robi Cano. I guess you can add Martin to that list as well.

Always take good pitching when you can get it. I don't think Montero was truly a stud catcher. Clearly a stud bat, but when you have the Yankees money you can always buy a bat.

Wait to see how long he sticks as a starting catcher before worrying about this. Otherwise you traded a DH... something the Yankees can easily throw money at.

The Yanks were never sold on Montero behind the plate.

If Martin gets hurt, there's always Cervelli, Romine, Molina, and Sanchez.

Cashman may not be done yet ... maybe he can get something for AJ.

Speaking of ARod, anyone see the pictures of him rocking the man-boobs in miami? He's got bigger moobs than his girlfriend.

Arod-Main.jpg

I get that he was coming off surgery late last year, so I can give him a pass. But if he doesn't come back with a vengeance in 2012, I'm gonna be pissed.

Cashman may not be done yet ... maybe he can get something for AJ.

AJ is still owed a boatload of cash that no one is willing to take. He's still owed $33m over 2 years.

The Yankees need to keep the DH spot open for A-Rod and Jeter this year, as well as the 4th outfielder. At least Posada has retired, so they can make some room to rest the left side of the infield.

I don't think they were ever going to trust Montero to catch their staff. That's what happens when your manager was a defensive catcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom