Home opener advertising | Syracusefan.com

Home opener advertising

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
nice articles by the PS today ... question though

why doesn't the university pimp the home opener starting in the beginning of August instead of the week before? I was at the fair yesterday and hardly saw any SU representation (not by fairgoers), but a lack of booths or advertising.

There has hardly been any tv or radio spots for it as well. I have had a lot of people come up to me in the past few days asking when is SU's first game.

why doesn't the university pimp the home opener starting in the beginning of August instead of the week before? I was at the fair yesterday and hardly saw any SU representation (not by fairgoers), but a lack of booths or advertising.

There has hardly been any tv or radio spots for it as well. I have had a lot of people come up to me in the past few days asking when is SU's first game.

Big SU booth in the Time Warner Building (next to the ESPN exhibit). They were selling WF and Season tickets, and had all the usual giveaways (posters, schedules, pens, etc...)

IMO, if someone has to ask when the home opener is, they probably have no interest in watching the game anyways.

Big SU booth in the Time Warner Building (next to the ESPN exhibit). They were selling WF and Season tickets, and had all the usual giveaways (posters, schedules, pens, etc...)

IMO, if someone has to ask when the home opener is, they probably have no interest in watching the game anyways.

no ... they watch the games on tv, it is trying to get their asses in the Dome which is the problem. They bailed during the GRob years and the people coming up to me have only been to one or two live games in the last five years. Maybe I can get them to go to a game or two this year -- but we have a lot of locals who read the paper or watch TWC and then critique the program without being involved.

no ... they watch the games on tv, it is trying to get their asses in the Dome which is the problem. They bailed during the GRob years and the people coming up to me have only been to one or two live games in the last five years. Maybe I can get them to go to a game or two this year -- but we have a lot of locals who read the paper or watch TWC and then critique the program without being involved.
i actually responded twice on buds article re going to games.

They said at the Ernie Davis scrimmage that they make the big ticket push the week of the game. I bet we see some ads this week. My hope is that we get a huge turnout from the SU students !!!!

Its nice to have a booth , but if you have it in a bldg that probably less than 5% of the people at the fair actually visit how does that really help?

Its nice to have a booth , but if you have it in a bldg that probably less than 5% of the people at the fair actually visit how does that really help?

exactly -- they should have stands at every entrance point, so the first thing you see is SU

Marketing has never really been a strong suit for the school.. Much like trying to run a decent Press Conference..

They said at the Ernie Davis scrimmage that they make the big ticket push the week of the game. I bet we see some ads this week. My hope is that we get a huge turnout from the SU students !!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic about our students. I think we'll get at least what we had at the Minnesota game.

who is this domefoam?? are you the original, or is this a highjacked name??:noidea:

ok. the original had that name for about 12 years in this little community of ours, didnt think he was at the fair yesterday.

Certainly not a scientific poll but there are a lot more people talking SU Football generally speaking in the locations that I work. If SU knocks off WF, URI and plays well against USC, I think the crowd will be solid for Toledo and potentially very strong for Rutgers.

SUOrange44

The buzz is picking up around me, but I'll say this, the casual fan seems to still have that negative perception. Going to take some more time and hopefully an excellent 2011 season.

I've heard on the radio season ticket advertising all over the place. I'm been listening to their ads all summer. I think they've been pushing season tickets and not individual game sales.