HOMELAND | Syracusefan.com

HOMELAND

victor

All Conference
Anybody watched the new episode of Homeland? I enjoyed it and look forward to future episodes.

"Boy I sure would like a lot more subplots centering on Dana Brody." - no one, ever, except the writers apparently.

Agree with you on that one. It's a waste of time and distracts from the story.

Honestly, I'd be completely satisfied if the focus shifted completely away from the Brody family - including Nick - and onto Quinn/Saul, with Carrie moving to a secondary character. Quinn's scene last night was easily the best part of the show for me.

Actually you know what? This show was created by the same people who created 24. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that at this point, as soon as they introduce a young Jack Bauer type of character (Peter Quinn) I suddenly want them to shift to him as the central character.

Basically, Jack Bauer is awesome, and Homeland would be better if it now focused on its very own Jack.

Actually you know what? This show was created by the same people who created 24. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that at this point, as soon as they introduce a young Jack Bauer type of character (Peter Quinn) I suddenly want them to shift to him as the central character.

Basically, Jack Bauer is awesome, and Homeland would be better if it now focused on its very own Jack.

I like the scenes involving the congressional committee, but obviously the best part of the show was when the action got going. I do wish they would make either a movie or a series based on Mitch Rapp the character from Vince Flynn books. Unfortunately he is to politically incorrect for Hollywood.

The first 1.5 seasons were great. Completely lost me over the way they killed the VP. Just ridiculous and so beneath the show. And Brody let it happen. I also just hate that they try to make him sympathetic when I think he's pretty evil.

Carrie kind of throwing away everything she believes in to help Brody is just so weak after the awesome way she arrested him.

I will give the show another chance but it isn't a show that makes me put all electronics away any more.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The first 1.5 seasons were great. Completely lost me over the way they killed the VP. Just ridiculous and so beneath the show. And Brody let it happen. I also just hate that they try to make him sympathetic when I think he's pretty evil.

Carrie kind of throwing away everything she believes in to help Brody is just so weak after the awesome way she arrested him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. All of the above. That's why you should continue to love the show. Brody is very evil and Carrie is so crazy that she can be so crazy one minute loving Brody and so sane the next minute that Saul wants to offer her a promotion to a station head.

You never know what you are going to get with Carrie. That's why her character has won two Emmy's in two years. I think Carrie is one of the best characters in TV history. Claire Danes has had a nice career but I never knew she was that good.

Though tonight's episode sucked. I hope Dana runs away with her boy friend so that she disappears from the show.

Though tonight's episode sucked. I hope Dana runs away with her boy friend so that she disappears from the show.
Yeah, I don't get it with Dana. I sit and watch to try and figure out how they will tie that all together. Just one more crazy character on the show. I think she hates her dad but will probably work with Carrie to help him out someway. I thought last night was pretty good. Saul finally came out of his skin and showed how two faced he really is. I think Peter Quinn emerged as a very strong character who is not afraid to challenge Saul. I think Carrie will find an ally somewhere to help her. It's looking like it's Quinn but it's still TBD.

Which brings us back to Dana. Like I said, I just don't get it but there must be a master plan on why they are spending as much time as they are. Kind of like in the Sopranos where they would develop certain characters and then kill them off.

Not crazy about tonight's episode either.
You have to remember that they need to do character development. They basically introduced three new characters that can go in many different directions, the guy at the hospital, the Venezuelan and his daughter. I liked it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom