For the second consecutive year, the season is done after a first round ACCT loss... | Syracusefan.com

For the second consecutive year, the season is done after a first round ACCT loss...

RF2044

Living Legend
...with no post-season play to look forward to.

March madness is my favorite time of year -- the greatest sports spectacle [IMO] in any sport.

Very odd to not be participating in any capacity, for the second straight year, after the sustained success our program has enjoyed. Sucks, really.

Last year, I could chalk it up to transition -- the team moving on from an iconic coach, and the new coach having a lot of work to do to hit the ground running. Two years in a row? Just strange.

What an absolute turn-off that our guys are not interested in competing in a post-season tournament.
Other personal agendas have overwhelmed the "we want to play" ethic that made SU basketball fun for so many years. Let's hope Red is recruiting competitors and not prima donnas from this point forward.

March madness is my favorite time of year -- the greatest sports spectacle [IMO] in any sport.

Very odd to not be participating in any capacity, for the second straight year, after the sustained success our program has enjoyed. Sucks, really.

Last year, I could chalk it up to transition -- the team moving on from an iconic coach, and the new coach having a lot of work to do to hit the ground running. Two years in a row? Just strange.
How is last year The transition year and not this year?

I love Syracuse basketball it’s my favorite sports team including every single sport I watch but it won’t effect me watching the tournament, nothing is better than the tournament to me and Syracuse missing it sucks, but doesn’t ruin it.

How is last year The transition year and not this year?

I love Syracuse basketball it’s my favorite sports team including every single sport I watch but it won’t effect me watching the tournament, nothing is better than the tournament to me and Syracuse missing it sucks, but doesn’t ruin it.

Because "the transition" was going from JB > Red.

You're asking why that was applicable last year and not this off-season? Seriously?

Third straight year and 4 of 5

Program continues to be in a rough place.

Yeah, I don't think this year is any stranger than recent history. We actually won more regular season games than we have in 10 years. Ran up against the wrong team in the ACCT this year. And a couple bad losses (GT and BC in particular, throw in FSU) just really put an unfortunate stain on things.

Next year is big though. 2023-2024 was better than 2022-2023. 2024-2025 has to be better than 2023-2024. I'm curious to see if we have the resources and cache to break away from the perennial bubble.

Last edited:
it's a program on the decline. i hate saying it but the fact remains that the end of Boeheim and the new coach have alot of work to do to get it back on track.

Whether we become UConn or we become Georgetown will be a theme moving forward. I think we're gonna be closer to a UConn type program going forward but the trend line isn't our friend with march

Yet again, just overreacting and failing to see the big picture. We made 2 Final Four's and an Elite Eight in the last 12 years. 25% percent of the time you can expect fun. Some people on this board are just too negative.

--Syracusefan.com

Actual rebuttal to the above: we haven't made the tournament in 3 years, have been out 6 of the last 10 years, in 10 years we have been a single digit seed 1 time (the previous 10 years our lowest seed was a 5 with two 1 seeds thrown in there).

44cuse

Red's First Season Was a Success

At least the prompt portal action lets us we see why the coach opted out of the NIT.

Meanwhile...the final opponent...NC State...may be headed to the Final Four.
They're very talented, playing well and being largely overlooked.
(And with that, of course, they've been jinxed to a first round ouster).

Yet again, just overreacting and failing to see the big picture. We made 2 Final Four's and an Elite Eight in the last 12 years. 25% percent of the time you can expect fun. Some people on this board are just too negative.

--Syracusefan.com

Actual rebuttal to the above: we haven't made the tournament in 3 years, have been out 6 of the last 10 years, in 10 years we have been a single digit seed 1 time (the previous 10 years our lowest seed was a 5 with two 1 seeds thrown in there).

44cuse
Those were dead cat bounces

--Syracusefan.com

44cuse
Pollyanna wanted to know when you’d be home for supper, Griswold

Because "the transition" was going from JB > Red.

You're asking why that was applicable last year and not this off-season? Seriously?
I think he’s saying, this season (Red’s first as HC) was the transition season, so expectations a tad lower than next season.

At least the prompt portal action lets us we see why the coach opted out of the NIT.

Meanwhile...the final opponent...NC State...may be headed to the Final Four.
They're very talented, playing well and being largely overlooked.
(And with that, of course, they've been jinxed to a first round ouster).
They probably used up all their magic,but you never know.
I’ll be rooting for them

The new boring normal it seems. Like me, this is getting old and we really need to rebound to relevancy and even eliteness. Fans (people) are impatient in general, but come on, patience needs to be rewarded at some point, too many years going by. Perhaps this 1st concluded season under Red is a small glimpse of sunlight for the future, but gonna take a lot more than a glimpse. Didn’t JB not long ago think his team was going to be really good? Well…

I’m generally an optimist, but this has been too boring and frustrating for too long. I’ve become conditioned (maybe a lot of us) now to not care when they lose, and that sucks! LGO!

This confused me as well as littlereg I think.

Makes it seem like this was Red's second year in charge.

We have become so irrelevant that we aren’t even mentioned as irrelevant

Let's just root like hell for Lax to beat Duke tomorrow so we can be semi distracted with hope in March/April...